Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In this post-backdating world...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In this post-backdating world...

Shoprunner? That thing is soooooooooo useful....................................................................

Message 11 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Shoprunner? That thing is soooooooooo useful....................................................................

And now has a minimum order... 

Message 12 of 22
Open123
Super Contributor

In general, the true Amex cards are still, along with Chase, the top 2 when it comes to travel rewards related redemptions.  The MR and SPG programs are two of the top 3 travel rewards programs out there.

For cash, Amex is underwhelming.  Aside from the BCP or BC in very specific scenarios, there's no reason to have any of their cash rewards cards.  Fid Amex, Citi 2X, Disc/JCB 3% are all best in class.  Aside from 5% rotating, I see no reason to have any cash cards aside from the aforementioned 3, unless it's for non-forex or sign-up bonus harvesting.  In that case, Arrival+ and Venture come to mind.

Message 13 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@longtimelurker wrote:

I believe julianb is referring to "using" the cards rather than using!

You got that right bro ;-)

Considering the average American credit card spending we're way below that. Our household expenses without rent are not even $1,500. However, I "spend" closer to $15,000 across my cards every month...

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

I believe julianb is referring to "using" the cards rather than using!

You got that right bro ;-)

Considering the average American credit card spending we're way below that. Our household expenses without rent are not even $1,500. However, I "spend" closer to $15,000 across my cards every month...

How many flavors do you sample at Baskin Robbins? Smiley Happy

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How many flavors do you sample at Baskin Robbins? Smiley Happy

I've no idea how their ice cream tastes like. We're too much of cheapskates for that kind of stuff.

Message 16 of 22
wmweeza
Established Contributor

I like my card for the AMEX offers too, I started using those during Small Business Saturday last year and now use it frequently.

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 17 of 22
manyquestions
Established Contributor

Maybe it's just a glitch. Either way I can see why AMEX is tired of people taking advantage of it.  Probably not what they want to be known for.  Still hope it is a glitch because I want to take advantage of it. Cat Surprised

Message 18 of 22
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@manyquestions wrote:

Maybe it's just a glitch. Either way I can see why AMEX is tired of people taking advantage of it.  Probably not what they want to be known for.  Still hope it is a glitch because I want to take advantage of it. Cat Surprised

I don't think Amex cares!   It's not like MS that costs them money, they know the issue dates of each card, it's the other lenders who might not want the artificial boost to scores 

Message 19 of 22
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

And now has a minimum order... 

Think it changed for domino's too.  Though using my freedom for that (still with shop runners).

Signature needs updating
Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.