Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In what order would you apply for these cards

tag
red259
Super Contributor

In what order would you apply for these cards

In what order would you apply for these cards during an app spree to have the best chance of all approvals? This is my potential app spree at this point for Jan. By the time of the apps I will have no inqs within the prior six months and have accounts with everyone but barclays at this point. 

Amex everyday preferred

citi hilton reserve card

Chase Hyatt card

barclay arrival+

(maybe a citi AA business card)

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Skye12329
Valued Contributor

Re: In what order would you apply for these cards

Personally i would go:

Amex
Chase
Barclays
Citi

I think you might get a denial for anymore if applied all in one day only because of all the new accounts and inqs. Anymore after 4 might need a recon depending on thickness of profile.
BK7 - 2/21
Cap1 QS - 2k (4/21)
Mission Lane - 4k (11/21)
Venmo - 900 (11/21)
SavorOne - 2500 (12/21)
VentureOne - 2000 (7/22)
Message 2 of 9
sexy_kitten7
Regular Contributor

I would do Barclays first. Make sure you're approved (or recon to approval).

Then do Amex, Chase, Citi within seconds of each other.

Quicksilver MC / Amazon.com / Better Balance Rewards Visa / Freedom / Dividend / Quicksilver Visa / Cash+ / Thank You Preferred / Blue Cash Everyday / Better Balance Rewards MC / BankAmericard HRC Cash Rewards / It / Arrival / FlexPerks / Platinum AAdvantage / MileagePlus Explorer / LifeMiles
Message 3 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@sexy_kitten7 wrote:

I would do Barclays first. Make sure you're approved (or recon to approval).

Then do Amex, Chase, Citi within seconds of each other.

+1

Barclays reports the account literally by the time you click submit or hang up the phone LOL...shortly followed by Citi in a couple days.  IMHO, it's really not going to cause waves since we're only talking about 4 CCs (possibly 5 with the business card) in the grand scheme of things.

Message 4 of 9
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

1) Barclays (it will show up on all 3 CRs the very next day)
2) Amex
3) Chase and Citi

Message 5 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@red259 wrote:

In what order would you apply for these cards during an app spree to have the best chance of all approvals? This is my potential app spree at this point for Jan. By the time of the apps I will have no inqs within the prior six months and have accounts with everyone but barclays at this point. 

Amex everyday preferred

citi hilton reserve card

Chase Hyatt card

barclay arrival+

Citi

Amex

Chase

Barclay

Citi is by far most inq sensitive.

and barclay is most likely going to be the only TU puller

Message 6 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

So lots of different answers (you don't have all 24 yet, but maybe!)

Message 7 of 9
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Hmm, got approved for Barclay's a few days back, got the TU pull showing, but they haven't reportted to my CRA yet.  Maybe cause I reconned the original limit?  

Message 8 of 9
iowapilot84
Established Member

@Creditaddict wrote:

@red259 wrote:

Amex everyday preferred

citi hilton reserve card

Chase Hyatt card

barclay arrival+

Citi

Amex

Chase

Barclay

Citi is by far most inq sensitive.

and barclay is most likely going to be the only TU puller

I would question how inq sensitive citi is. I got approved for the double cash and aadvantage world business cards last week with over 15 inq on ex. it is only onc factor in the approval process. I have a very thick file with numerous accounts that are older, low utilization, etc so that may have impacted things.

Amex Blue Cash Preferred - $25K / Amex Hilton - $5K / Amex Hilton Surpass - $30K / Amex SimplyCash - $10K / Amex Platinum - NPSL / B&N MasterCard - $5K / BofA Travel Rewards - $2K / BofA Alaska Airlines - $8K / Capital One QuickSilver - $38K / Chase Hyatt - $15,000 / Chase Amazon - $9K / Chase IHG Rewards - $11K / Chase Marriott Premier - $10k / Chase United Explorer - $19.5K / Citi DoubleCash - $5.5K / Citi ThankYou Preferred -$23.1K / Citi AAdvantage - $17.5K / Citi Premier - $9.3K / Citi Prestige - $20K / Discover IT - $9K / Discover IT Miles - $9K / Fidelity Amex - $3K / Kohls - $1K / Lowes - $10K / PenFed Platinum Cash Rewards - $24.5K / PNC Visa - $9K / Target Charge - $500 / US Bank Club Carlson Premier Rewards - $7.5K / CU Visa - $11K / Wyndham Rewards - $5.6K

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.