cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In which order would you app-spree these cards?

tag
primechicken
Contributor

Re: In which order would you app-spree these cards?

@improvingmycredit wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

I would app:

US Bank

Citi

Priceline

But...your profile doesn't really support a visa signature card. I wouldn't be surprised if you got denied for all three. Be ready for some recon's.

@+1 @ Dustink  ^^^^

Well this will be in at least a year from now with no hard inquiries between. In a few weeks I'm gonna try to triple that Amex and cross my fingers that higher limits beget higher limits. I have a few GE cards that could CLI a couple times after that. My util is almost always <5% and I typically PIF every month. I may tweek this time frame if needed. I want those Visa Sigs!

I got some cards with some credit limits. Some are better than others.
Message 11 of 61
Dustink
Valued Contributor

@primechicken wrote:

@improvingmycredit wrote:

@Dustink wrote:

I would app:

US Bank

Citi

Priceline

But...your profile doesn't really support a visa signature card. I wouldn't be surprised if you got denied for all three. Be ready for some recon's.

@+1 @ Dustink  ^^^^

Well this will be in at least a year from now with no hard inquiries between. In a few weeks I'm gonna try to triple that Amex and cross my fingers that higher limits beget higher limits. I have a few GE cards that could CLI a couple times after that. My util is almost always <5% and I typically PIF every month. I may tweek this time frame if needed. I want those Visa Sigs!

Oh okay good. I thought this was going to a be soon.

In one year with some accounts over $5,000. You should be good.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 12 of 61
Dustink
Valued Contributor

But...if you plan to wait a year anyways. You could just app now and hope for the best. If denied, wait that year and try again. If approved, then great. In a year ask for a CLI. The only problem with apping now, is you may get a higher APR. That isn't as easy to change as the limit.

I think it is worth it to app now if you intent to wait a year anyways.

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 13 of 61
primechicken
Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

But...if you plan to wait a year anyways. You could just app now and hope for the best. If denied, wait that year and try again. If approved, then great. In a year ask for a CLI. The only problem with apping now, is you may get a higher APR. That isn't as easy to change as the limit.

I think it is worth it to app now if you intent to wait a year anyways.

For a Visa Signature? Something tells me I'd just be setting myself up for another fruitless HP. In the last six months I have 5 EQ, 8 EX, and 11 TU. I'm content to resist the urge as tempting as it is. By the way, great choice on the ride. The Legacy is nice and it'll last forever!

Message 14 of 61
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Maybe app in 6 mos- let all your new accts age some and maybe even get a few auto CLI's.
Message 15 of 61
Dustink
Valued Contributor

It doesn't sound like more HP's would do you any harm at this point. If denied it wouldn't hurt to talk with underwriting anyways. In the case of US Bank, they might be able to give you a lower tier product. Then you can PC it later on to the Cash+. Sometimes that can be easier than being approved straight up.

Yeah, I am halfway content with the Legacy. Still a Subaru, but it ain't bad. Pretty happy with the trim level I chose (2.5i sport) but wondering if I should get leather.

Message 16 of 61
primechicken
Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Maybe app in 6 mos- let all your new accts age some and maybe even get a few auto CLI's.

Lexie I just got in the garden! I was thinking I'd stay put for 12 to ensure success. Did you see how many HPs I have on my reply to Dustink there right before your post?

Message 17 of 61
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

-1@Dustink Smiley Happy
I wouldn't app any right now and just set yourself up for the cards in 6 months to a year. I'd be more focused on getting your limits up higher to better set yourself up.
It would likely end in just new inqs. If however you are set on apping (based on your posts I don't believe this to be the case) I think you have a good chance at the Barclays right now only it probably will end up being the Platnium version. Nice thing about Barclays- you can usually request the CLIs (with a HP always) and get your limits to where you want pretty easily if you handle your account well.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 18 of 61
primechicken
Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

It doesn't sound like more HP's would do you any harm at this point. If denied it wouldn't hurt to talk with underwriting anyways. In the case of US Bank, they might be able to give you a lower tier product. Then you can PC it later on to the Cash+. Sometimes that can be easier than being approved straight up.

Yeah, I am halfway content with the Legacy. Still a Subaru, but it ain't bad. Pretty happy with the trim level I chose (2.5i sport) but wondering if I should get leather.

I was actually wondering about this. I had assumed I should go for broke next year and get the Siggy or nothing. But is it fairly common to PC up to it from a lower card? I was thinking maybe to accept a lesser card would be like a kiss of death or a stigma reminder to them that you came up short.

Message 19 of 61
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Scratch my last post! Smiley Happy
I see in the last 6 months you have 11 inqs on TU. Barclays is probably a no go right now for the next 6 months. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 20 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.