cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In which order would you app-spree these cards?

tag
primechicken
Contributor

Re: In which order would you app-spree these cards?

@improvingmycredit wrote:
-1@Dustink Smiley Happy
I wouldn't app any right now and just set yourself up for the cards in 6 months to a year. I'd be more focused on getting your limits up higher to better set yourself up.
It would likely end in just new inqs. If however you are set on apping (based on your posts I don't believe this to be the case) I think you have a good chance at the Barclays right now only it probably will end up being the Platnium version. Nice thing about Barclays- you can usually request the CLIs (with a HP always) and get your limits to where you want pretty easily if you handle your account well.

Funny I was thinking that would be my least likely one to get seeing as they typically pull TU and I got 11 HPs with them in last six months - 6 of em were this year!

I got some cards with some credit limits. Some are better than others.
Message 21 of 61
primechicken
Contributor

@improvingmycredit

Just saw that scratch right after I replied. Eeeyep.

Message 22 of 61
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Sorry- I'm on my phone right now. Smiley Happy. haha. I'm about 2 post behind. This thread is moving pretty quickly.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 23 of 61
primechicken
Contributor

You talkin to Barclays trying to get that 2% across the board on the Priceline card or what? Haha.

Message 24 of 61
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

If you do nothing now and hope to get CLI's from your existing cc's in 6 mos - Chase/BoA may be HP'S. Cap 1 and Discover have been iffy on SP's. if you app now ( not my recommendation) and app for your list of cc's in your spree and want CLI's on your existing cc's - that's quite a few inq's.

IMO, get your CLI's from your existing cc's -SP's/HP's and once they post go for the app spree.
Message 25 of 61
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Nah! Haha! I'm talking to Peggy at CapOne. What a nice ill informed script reading lady. Real pleasurable chat. Joking of course. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 26 of 61
enharu
Super Contributor

Primechicken,

since you're waiting for a year, i think you will be in good hands.

Go in the order of:

Citi

US Bank Cash+

Barclays.

Only because Citi is pretty much impossible to recon with.

During the meantime try to get CLIs to get your CL near or higher than 5k.

The Priceline visa 2% might be discontinued soon, so time may not be on your side. You might want to take the plunge and risk 1 inquiry now and secure that 2%.

The new offer is 1% everything with 5% priceline.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 27 of 61
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@enharu

Stop tempting me with that Priceline Visa! Arggghhhh!
Message 28 of 61
enharu
Super Contributor

Oh you're interested in the card too? I thought you're going for the Arrival!

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 29 of 61
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

It's a toss up. I don't have a Barclays cc and I thought 2 would be ok....surprisingly The letter 'B' is missing from my credit card portfolio. Lol
Message 30 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.