Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In with wells fargo, shocked!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

In with wells fargo, shocked!!!

I have heard they are one of the hardest banks to get into??

I was preapproved at the teller, and she asked me if I would like to apply. I said okay, I know I wont get it but what the hell.

Its the college card, but my scores arent that good. 

I have like 4 accounts opened within the last few months. My major credit cards are near their limits. and they approved me for 800$ my highest non store card!!! No annual fee... First one of those too! amazing..

Anyways, I am afraid of Prime Banks with what I hear about CLD's and AA's and ugh, im scared, this is exciting but its going to drive me insane worring about getting CLD because i tend to carry high balances on other cards. 

Message Edited by torry209 on 02-26-2009 07:10 PM
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: In with wells fargo, shocked!!!

Congrats  on your new card.

Looks like they finally decided to start lending the federal bailout funds they are receiving.

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah I was going to ask about that too. How much are they recieving and I didn't think they were in that bad of shape? werent they one of the better off banks?
Message 3 of 8
specultr
Regular Contributor

x

x

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

LOL!

Oh and will adding my brotner as an authorized user pose as a greater risk? And cause them to worry or something? And im confused on the AU process. Since he is immediate family will he still benefit from having the card on his credit report?

Message 5 of 8
mphan
Contributor

No, it's your credit. They don't care about the AU.

---------------
In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success.
Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.
---------------
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@mphan wrote:

No, it's your credit. They don't care about the AU.

I have always wondered about that.  If they report to the AU's credit report, they obviously can see what is on there too. I have always wondered if the AU has crappy credit and you have really good credit, if you will at some point wind up guilty by association. 

My fiance's mom screwed him over royally with some student loans. I mentioned it a while back, but basically even though his name was on them their arrangement was that she was paying for school and she paid the loans for like 7 years or something and then suddenly decided she would stop paying and never told him. Loans werne't paid for a YEAR. 2 of them. He is in the processof rehabbing them now, but has scores in the low 600's as a result of this. I have thought about adding him as AU on my cards but scared that somehow the banks will decide they don't like me anymore. 

You just never know these days. I mean they have decided risk based on where some people shop, so wouldn't the AU with risky credit be considered more of a liability?  

This is all hypothetical, but I won't risk it jsut incase. I've worked long and hard to get to where I am and don't want to rock the boat!

Message 7 of 8
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Congrats!
Here we go again...
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.