cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In your opinion who is the most PITA card issuer ?!!!!

tag
jwduke
Regular Contributor

Re: In your opinion who is the most PITA card issuer ?!!!!

GEMB/Synchrony or what ever they are going by these days... Their interest rates are for the birds. If you have to call them, hope you can speak what ever language. Sorry I know they are good for credit lines, but 29.9% interest on my Bomgaars card and VERY few 0% deals if you purchase a certain amount.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: FICO- 798 (02/21/18)
Goal Score: 800+ All Three

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 11 of 51
chalupaman
Super Contributor

Prime lender wise that would have to go to Citi. I just really don't like their practices much.

And I've started to like WF a lot better than I used to.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 12 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess AMEX because I was denied four times last year. However they finally let me in with a Green card with an internal starting limit of $1k that grew to $20k, then just last mont I was approved for the ED with a $10k starting limit. They hate you until they love you.
Message 13 of 51
axxy
Regular Contributor

Citibank because they waste too much of our time with their driveling incompetence.  For example when Citibank acquired my Best Buy store card, it stopped working.  That was years ago, and they still haven't figured out how to make it work.  And their websites have always had too many bugs and have always wasted too much of our time.  As one of many examples, if I want to change what bank account a Citi card withdraws its payment from automatically each month, I have to enter that bank account information again for each of my Citi cards.  They have so many bugs and incompetencies that I gave up on them years ago, and keep 3 of my Citi cards sock drawered, using them just often enough to keep them open.  The only one I use is Double Cash, and only for the rewards, tolerating Citibank for the rewards, but not liking it.  And even the Double Cash card was a tedious unpleasant hassle to apply for.  I have credit scores in the 800's, and almost always get instant approvals from most issuers.  But Citibank treated me like they suspected me of being a criminal, made me give them a lot of extra information, and finally approved the card with a ridiculously low credit limit.

But wait, I forgot about FIA.  That's the one card issuer I dislike even more than Citibank.  As just one of many examples of their incompetencies, they make you type the number multiple times, and don't show what you're typing, and if you alt-tab to a different window, to see the number you want to type, they pop up an error message, which steals focus, so you can't see the number you want to type unless you have the windows both showing at once.  A competent bank you let you copy and paste, getting the number from a different app and pasting it into their app.  And that's just one of many complaints I have against their website.  Every time I've ever tried to use their website much I always got a tedious waste of time from their bugs and stupidities.  I hate them so much I would just close the account, except that it's one of my oldest accounts with a high limit.  I get the strong impression they go out of their way to make some things as tedious as possible, as if trying to discourage people from using some of the features of their website, by maximizing the unpleasantness and waste of time, every way they can think of.

Message 14 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought we all agreed that Credit One and First Premire are the most PITA companies. Smiley LOL

Message 15 of 51
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Examples could be a personal experience , or a sucky product , high interest , didint forgive first and only accidental late payment , bad to you during BK etc. 

Comenity Capital Bank for so many reasons.....and no I have never missed a payment or been late with them - ever.

Message 16 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I thought we all agreed that Credit One and First Premire are the most PITA companies. Smiley LOL

Speaking of Credit One, I got another one of their pre approvals in the mail today. I was able to muster up the fortitude not to ap.

Message 17 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Speaking of Credit One, I got another one of their pre approvals in the mail today. I was able to muster up the fortitude not to ap.

you must be made of rock, not many can resist the temptation of applying for credit one. Smiley LOL

Message 18 of 51
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

In your opinion who is the most PITA card issuer ?!!!!

None, really.  Haven't had problems with my creditors.

Message 19 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bank of America has been the worst in my experience. It took me six months to product change a card, mainly bacause they would tell me I could do it, and then they never did anything until I called back. Their customer service is poor both on the phone and in the branches (there are exceptions, as I have met a few representatives who offered good service and done what they said they would do, but they are rare). They have also shut off my card without telling me when it was compromised, and they told me I had to request to keep the account open in order for them to send me a new card.

I used to have all of my bank accounts there, but they screwed those up, too, so I closed them all. Now I just have the credit card with them, and I cash my paycheck there every week. But there are usually at least a dozen people in line, but only one teller (and two security guards). Then they usually won't cash the check until I listen to them tell me about why I should get an account there. I only cash the checks because I know it costs them money to do that, otherwise I'd stay far away.

Message 20 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.