cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In your opinion who is the most PITA card issuer ?!!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: In your opinion who is the most PITA card issuer ?!!!!

Barclaycard, hands down. Credit score means very little in determining whether they will approve an application. Believe me, I know. 767 and I was turned down for the Wyndham card last year. The reason: Too much available credit. How much, is too much? Hard to know. Well, I take that back. Barclay knows.

Message 21 of 51
chwebb1
Established Contributor

Citi. Their customer service is absolutely awful, the Double Cash card looks so cheap (the layers came peeled off out of the envelope, twice), and their website is absolutely awful. They also took the longest to send cards when I lost three credit cards at the same time. I called the 3 banks (AMEX, Barclaycard, and Citi) within minutes of each other to report it. Citi took around a week longer to send me a replacement card than any of the others. I don't use my Double Cash hardly ever because I just really hate dealing with those clowns that much. I should probably just close the stupid thing.

But I also dislike Chase. I used to have a Freedom with them with a $1200 credit limit and a 22.99% (!) APR. Keep in mind, my lowest APR is 8%, my highest is currently 17.24%. Most of my APRs are in the 12.99-14.99% range. And their customer service was also kind of crappy (although not nearly as bad as Citi).

photo NUS000000180_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo DISCOVER_IT_LG.gif photo card_1.png photo night-launch.png photo NUS000000012_160X101_STRAIGHT.gif photo bankamericard-better-balance-rewards-credit-card-small.png
$15000 ........... $12500 ............ $11750 ............ $10000 ........... $9400 ............ $5000 ............. $5000
In the Garden until at least November 2015
Message 22 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays never liked me. I've wasted 4 or 5 HPs on Barclays in the past several years and haven't been approved of any of their cards.

When I had few cards and applied as a student, they said lack of established history. Now that I have a bunch of cards from all major issuers, they said too many new accounts.

Edit: Got my first card with them - Priceline Rewards Visa - after three recon calls.

Message 23 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wells Fargo and Capital One make the top of my never again list, along with Citi.
Message 24 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

US Bank for me. 

constantly trying to cheat people out of rewards. Not prompt at all in delivering said rewards. customer service less than exemplary. 

They sent me an offer for a checking account bonus a few weeks ago, opened a free checking for which I am supposed to get $200 bonus. We'll see how they deliver on that. Expecting a fight. 

Message 25 of 51
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@chwebb1 wrote:

Citi. Their customer service is absolutely awful, the Double Cash card looks so cheap (the layers came peeled off out of the envelope, twice), and their website is absolutely awful. They also took the longest to send cards when I lost three credit cards at the same time. I called the 3 banks (AMEX, Barclaycard, and Citi) within minutes of each other to report it. Citi took around a week longer to send me a replacement card than any of the others. I don't use my Double Cash hardly ever because I just really hate dealing with those clowns that much. I should probably just close the stupid thing.

But I also dislike Chase. I used to have a Freedom with them with a $1200 credit limit and a 22.99% (!) APR. Keep in mind, my lowest APR is 8%, my highest is currently 17.24%. Most of my APRs are in the 12.99-14.99% range. And their customer service was also kind of crappy (although not nearly as bad as Citi).

Completely agreed on Citi. Phone customer service was some of the worst I've ever dealt with. Their EO even sucked too a lot of time. Not sure I'll ever have cards with them again.

I've had a different experience with Chase CS though. I highly like them most of the time though I have gotten one or two folks on the recon line that were pretty nasty and mean. 

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 26 of 51
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Cap 1 ......meager CLI's, no combining of CL, and AF

Message 27 of 51
ecxpa
Valued Contributor

Cap 1 ......meager CLI's, no combining of CL, and AF.

Message 28 of 51
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Citi for me, but that is my fault cause of baddies on my CR, not theirs.  They are probably the least tolerant or the major lenders w/regards to my issues.  So haven't even tried to app from my research i've done.

Real beef is with Cap1.. Bad CSR, Can't combine CL's, etc, etc.

Message 29 of 51
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Citi for me, but that is my fault cause of baddies on my CR, not theirs.  They are probably the least tolerant or the major lenders w/regards to my issues.  So haven't even tried to app from my research i've done.

Real beef is with Cap1.. Bad CSR, Can't combine CL's, etc, etc.

Those two both have their disadvantages.

At least Citi has the AA cards and that lovely Prestige... Smiley Happy

Message 30 of 51
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.