Did you mean: 

Inaccurate response to CLI from CapOne

tag
PoorPeatree
Valued Member

Re: Unpaid state taxes and Capital One Question

@Anonymous wrote:

@PoorPeatree wrote:

I haven't heard anything on whether state taxes are reported and tracked by CC lenders, can anyone respond?

Not sure what you're asking.  What state taxes are you referring to, income?, sales?.  And tracked by CC lenders how or why?

My state income taxes were paid late this year. They did not show up on my credit report at all, so I suspect the CC company did not know about it either, but I was wondering anyway. 

Message 21 of 29
PoorPeatree
Valued Member

Re: Inaccurate response to CLI from CapOne

@DeeBee78 I got my house!! I applied to be a member at NFCU and they accepted me, now i'm wondering which card to apply for Smiley Happy

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Unpaid state taxes and Capital One Question

@PoorPeatree wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@PoorPeatree wrote:

I haven't heard anything on whether state taxes are reported and tracked by CC lenders, can anyone respond?

Not sure what you're asking.  What state taxes are you referring to, income?, sales?.  And tracked by CC lenders how or why?

My state income taxes were paid late this year. They did not show up on my credit report at all, so I suspect the CC company did not know about it either, but I was wondering anyway. 

They would only know if your state filed a lien against you.  They wouldnt do that unless you never paid them. Otherwise there is no record of it that they could see.

Message 23 of 29
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@PoorPeatree wrote:

@DeeBee78 I got my house!! I applied to be a member at NFCU and they accepted me, now i'm wondering which card to apply for Smiley Happy

Congrats, time to get those appliances! Venture for a big limit, VentureOne for 0% APR. Lowes if Capital One doesn't show you any love!

Message 24 of 29
PoorPeatree
Valued Member

I applied for the GO Rewards card at NFCU and was immediately qualified for $4200!
Message 25 of 29
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@PoorPeatree wrote:
I applied for the GO Rewards card at NFCU and was immediately qualified for $4200!

That's great, and will be $25,000 before you know it! I thought you were looking to spend about $5,500 on appliances though?

Did you request a HP CLI on your BoA card yet? 

Message 26 of 29
PoorPeatree
Valued Member

I was! I got about a 50% discount on msrp $6250 worth of appliances so I just put it on my QS card, which won't report a new balance until sept 17th. I will HP the BoA after I pay it off and it closes this statement on the 7th. Once that card reports zero bal to CRAs I'll HP a CLI. My hope is to sneak in the CLI in between the zero-bal reporting on the BoA and the high util reporting on QSilver between the 7th and 17th.
Message 27 of 29
DeeBee78
Valued Contributor

@PoorPeatree wrote:
I was! I got about a 50% discount on msrp $6250 worth of appliances so I just put it on my QS card, which won't report a new balance until sept 17th. I will HP the BoA after I pay it off and it closes this statement on the 7th. Once that card reports zero bal to CRAs I'll HP a CLI. My hope is to sneak in the CLI in between the zero-bal reporting on the BoA and the high util reporting on QSilver between the 7th and 17th.

Well, congrats on your success, and your appliances, and your credit endeavors Smiley Happy 

Word of advice, unless you need to micromanage your scores for something, like a new credit product, don't think too hard about scores and utilization. 

I can can also tell you from personal experience, BoA HP's don't have to wait until you're reporting a $0 balance to the CRA's to be effective. Back in January, my BoA was maxed out at $2,300 on a 0% APR. I paid it off in full, and a few days after the payment posted, I requested a CLI, and was approved for $6,300. They have an internal scoring method they consider in addition to your credit reports. 

Message 28 of 29
PoorPeatree
Valued Member

@DeeBee78

I may not do the HP at BoA at all, I nicely asked NFCU to reconsider my CC limit and they bumped it up to $10k!! That's now my highest CL card by 40% Smiley Surprised

That's plenty for me, I'm very happy with my new visa signature Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.