Revelate

Re: Income-How do banks know?

Shogun wrote:

Mortgage and car loans, they've always verified through my employer.

Car loans aren't that detailed in my experience; I and others have just shown up waiving our last two paystubs and haven't had a problem obtaining auto loans.  They're generally the easiest to obtain out of any loan type.

Mortgages though are full monty :smileyhappy:.  I'm not certain whether they're allowed to verify income with one's employer (certainly can verify if you work there or not, and probably the dates of employment) but when you're down to forking over six months of bank statements or 2 years of tax returns if self-employed, they can build up a really good picture of your spending habits.  

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}