Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Income and debt servicing...

tag
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

Re: Income and debt servicing...

Yes, it very much is.  I have never heard of such! Its a 5k card, not like I'm buying a house.  Out of my hands now.

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 11 of 21
baller4life
Super Contributor

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

Got off the phone with them and I closed the account.  They said they need to know all my spending habits and that is why they wanted copies of my checking/savings.  My spending habits outside the card or my credit report is not relevant to them. 

He also told me he pulled my credit, which he didn't ask me for permission.  Seems sketchy to me.  Atleast I have 60 days to claim my points.

So you were able to close it online or called back? Curious cause I'm closing mines too. Not paying $95 fee for a sd card.

Message 12 of 21
rlx01
Established Contributor

Sounds like they're trying to push people out.
Message 13 of 21
2FixMyCredit
Established Contributor

I closed it over the phone.  They were not accomodating at all and kept pushing for me to give them my checking/savings info and I just wasn't going to do that so bye bye diners club.  I'm sure a lot of people love the card and may not have the experience I did.  It just seemed really sketchy, them also wanting a copy of my lease was very odd.  It's ok though, I will be ok without it lol

Total CL: $40k+
Discover, BOA, GE, Cap 1, Chase, Barclay!
Gardening Start: 04/22/2013

Message 14 of 21
baller4life
Super Contributor

I would have done the same OP. That's too much! Smiley Mad
Message 15 of 21
Callandra
Valued Contributor

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

On the phone with them and they said its a "full financial review."  They want copies of my pay stubs, bank account, savings account, and lease.  Im trying to explain to them that I have had changes in my income/work and my paystubs are not going to reflect what I will be making but its a no go. 

I really don't feel comfortable with any of this, they say there was no reason for me to be flagged since my account is in good standing, no missed payments and my limit is only 5k. 

I could understand wanting copies of your paystubs to verify income but bank account info AND your lease? That's way overboard (especially for a $5k limit). Good for you for closing them!

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 16 of 21
core
Valued Contributor

@Callandra wrote:
Good for you for closing them!

Yes, I agree. But in this case I think that's precisely what they wanted, because they do seem to be pushing people out. I might have been tempted to supply the requested information just to screw with them.  Quack quack, Diners Club.

Message 17 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just when I thought at 4506 was a bit much, jeez.  I'd run, not walk, away for that as well. 

Message 18 of 21
taxi818
Super Contributor

This is Tragic indeed op. my goodness. Did you have a balance on the card or was it paid in full?. I wonder because if they are doing this will i be next??/heheheh. i have a 5k card with high balance since it is hidden. however i have not made but about 4 purchases in the last 6 months. i paid my cell phone bill on the 1st of july. no problems. that was last transaction. If they force me to close or anyone else i wonder would it remain hidden. it would not be the end of the world if not. im just in shock from this thread. I have plenty of checking accounts to give them if they want. but i agree. intrusive for 5k limit.

Edit. Running to pay my bill to avoid problems. Smiley Very HappyAlso you would get a lot more Feedback if you put Diners Club in the Title. All the big names would chime into this thread as most also have the Diners Club.

Message 19 of 21
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@2FixMyCredit wrote:

I closed it over the phone.  They were not accomodating at all and kept pushing for me to give them my checking/savings info and I just wasn't going to do that so bye bye diners club.  I'm sure a lot of people love the card and may not have the experience I did.  It just seemed really sketchy, them also wanting a copy of my lease was very odd.  It's ok though, I will be ok without it lol

Out of curiousity OP, a question that remained unanswered about the card, what kind of activity or transactions were you running through it (i.e. Paypal Money Xfrs, questionable spending or standard day-to-day purchases)?  Any rolling balances from month to month or did you PIF each month?  Did any of your balance activity project spending habits beyond your reported income? (granted the CL was not that high).  Those are the only plausible theories on what may have flagged it.  Since it's closed, water under the bridge I suppose.

Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.