Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Income info

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Income info

I was always wondering do cc lenders compeny know your income
Wen I tell them in the application do they Vefy it ?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
HeilFico
Regular Contributor

Re: Income info

They may not know it at first, but they can verify at any time. It would be prudent not to lie on this as it can affect you down the line if anything should happen god forbid. Lay offs....etc You don't want to have to deal with extra bs during an already trying period. 

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

They do take you at your word initially.

But as some AMEX users can testify, there's the dreaded  "Financial Review"

Lying on your credit card app is considered Bank Fraud and illegal

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I personally put down my day job income + half the wifes income (we file together)
Message 4 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Some lenders can verify this information with "the work number" and you'd surprised on some of lenders that do.  Best to always disclose a valid income figure when applying.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sure
Message 6 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@FinStar wrote:

Some lenders can verify this information with "the work number" and you'd surprised on some of lenders that do.  Best to always disclose a valid income figure when applying.

+1... If your company provides info to the work number and that CC issuer uses it, then you will get caught in a lie if you misrepresent your income.

Message 7 of 10
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

They can initially, but they often do it later.   I had to submit paystubs for a Cap One CLI request (that took me from $650 to a whopping $1K, at that time).  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 8 of 10
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@SunriseEarth wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

They can initially, but they often do it later.   I had to submit paystubs for a Cap One CLI request (that took me from $650 to a whopping $1K, at that time).  

lol seriously cap1 made you submit for that little increase... I am sorry I had to lol Smiley Happy... Seriously though lieing on your income will get you no where in the long run.

Funny thing is i have bought many cars in my time anywhere from porsches to mercedes and never been asked for proof of income, not sure why?  Guess cars are easy to repo?

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Whenever we submit in credit apps at Best Buy, it aways prompts up for the folks to enter in their income. If they enter in an income that's a rough estimate or close to what they make, there won't be an issue. However, if you want to be like these other... Um, a little off folks, I could call? And put in $1,000,000 or $9,999,999 when they clearly don't make that much, the system automatically denies them. LOL. Most of them don't care because they were just doing it for the hell of it. I'm sitting here thinking to myself, "If only you knew Citi just did a 'hard pull' on you..." 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.