Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Income on Applications for Credit

tag
bigman023
Frequent Contributor

Re: Income on Applications for Credit

Yes choice is a good thing. Trust me, I think consumers should have this choice.

But the same can be said about banks.  I just like to know as much as possible, and IM just wondering what 'choices' do the banks have.

But ultimately I just wish they made things a little bit clearer on the apps.

5/2009 EQ-504(FICO), TU98-567(FICO), EX- 503 (FAKO)
10/17/11 EQ-633, TU04-652, EX-681 All lender Pulls
10/17/11 TU98-678
12/21/2012 TU98-677 (39% Util)
01/21/2012 EQ - 661 (37% Util) SW Alert
Message 21 of 34
bigman023
Frequent Contributor

@cashnocredit wrote:

No. It does not require a bank to ask for HHI. If they just ask for "income" it is reasonable to interpret that as HHI. If they ask, and they are absolutely allowed to do this, for individual income then individual income is what should be used. Prior to this, banks were not supposed to consider anything but individual income.

Gotcha...

5/2009 EQ-504(FICO), TU98-567(FICO), EX- 503 (FAKO)
10/17/11 EQ-633, TU04-652, EX-681 All lender Pulls
10/17/11 TU98-678
12/21/2012 TU98-677 (39% Util)
01/21/2012 EQ - 661 (37% Util) SW Alert
Message 22 of 34
k1dk1ck

I use my spouses income in addition to mine but I live in a communal state.

Discover More (3,000), Hilton AMEX Surpass (1,000), SPG AMEX (2,000), Barclay's Frontier Airlines (5,000), BOA Worldpoints ( 8,000), Citi AA Plat (11,500), Sears (3,600), Best buy (2,500), Citi Hilton (9,000), Citi Hilton Reserve (4,000), US Bank Club Carlson Premier (5,000) and Chase Sapphire Preferred (8,000)

Starting Score: 684
Current Score: 729
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 23 of 34
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

I use houshold income for applications i.e. mine and spouse + investments

Message 24 of 34
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Yeah! C1 asked me for how much I had in investments:-)... I was proud to say the amount I had lol

Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 25 of 34
john398
Senior Contributor

@Happychap wrote:

is that on a joint account where you enter your spouses ssn too?

Message 26 of 34
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@Happychap wrote:

I've heard of a few joint CC accounts but I haven't ever seen applications, outside of mortgages, that even have a space for joint info. How does one go about getting joint apps?

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 27 of 34
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@cashnocredit wrote:

@john398 wrote:

@Happychap wrote:

I've heard of a few joint CC accounts but I haven't ever seen applications, outside of mortgages, that even have a space for joint info. How does one go about getting joint apps?

Usually you have to go into the bank and/or ask for a paper application. Most online interfaces and even in-store for department store applications will not allow you to add a cosigner or joint applicant.

I work at JCP, and cannot have a joint applicant when I fill out the application for someone. However, we do have the paper copies with the T&C of the card right there on the counter, that lets you add a co-applicant. From there, you have to mail it in and wait for a response. I'll be honest though. Before I turned 18 I applied with my grandfather for the co-applicant card and received boo. No yey, ney, or even a record of it occurring on the CR...unless everything was simply mailed to my grandfather and he never told me...though at the same time my information wasn't stolen, so God knows where that application went...

Message 28 of 34
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

@john398 wrote:

@Happychap wrote:

No i put household income on all apps I dont put her SSN or name etc

Message 29 of 34
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

Yeah! C1 asked me for how much I had in investments:-)... I was proud to say the amount I had lol

This is one of the smart things C1 does. I often wondered why Amex didn't but then I noticed finally they did I got my Plat a year ago. They had a check button list with ranges from zero. The max was 500k+ IIRC. Seems like kinda a small upper end given Amex's target demo.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 30 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.