Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Income on Applications for Credit

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Income on Applications for Credit

Haha! Well, mine was wayyyyy < $500k but Im only 23 :-P haha. Yeah, Amex's app def had a place for total investment values!

I've seen maybe 1-2 online apps with a Joint App'er option....
And I have 9-11 inqs in the past two years.

Haha I loved getting ppl to sign up for JCP
cards when I worked there a couple years back! I was #1 at my store :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 31 of 34
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Haha! Well, mine was wayyyyy < $500k but Im only 23 :-P haha. Yeah, Amex's app def had a place for total investment values!

I've seen maybe 1-2 online apps with a Joint App'er option....
And I have 9-11 inqs in the past two years.

Haha I loved getting ppl to sign up for JCP
cards when I worked there a couple years back! I was #1 at my store :-)

Hey, you're just starting out! I'm retired so my investments have to last a lifetime, however short, or worse, long, that might be. Ok, I do get to add social security and medicare (Yay, I'm part of the 47% leaching off you guys).

Seriously, sounds like you are doing pretty well. Just don't forget that credit is really convenient but it ain't the same as building up assets. Start now with a plan and you can retire with a nice nestegg too!  Assuming the world stays together that is.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 32 of 34
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Bahahhaaha 47%!!!! Crazy Romney! I feel pretty confident those "entitlement" programs will be solvent.

I need to make more so I can save more def'ly haha!
Thanks for the advice !
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 33 of 34
pdog661
Frequent Contributor

@cashnocredit wrote:

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:

Yeah! C1 asked me for how much I had in investments:-)... I was proud to say the amount I had lol

This is one of the smart things C1 does. I often wondered why Amex didn't but then I noticed finally they did I got my Plat a year ago. They had a check button list with ranges from zero. The max was 500k+ IIRC. Seems like kinda a small upper end given Amex's target demo.

Yup the plat card does ask for investment info.

A 500+K net worth will quallify you for any credit card offered directly to the public.  IE log onto AMEX website and click the want button. 

Message 34 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.