Established Member
ArchEagleJ

Income to Credit Ratio

Is there a certain ratio that once your available credit reaches in regards to your income that creditors will then stop extending credit?

Like say you have 25,000 annual income, is there a certain amount of credit limit that you can get and then after that point you would not be able to get anymore unless your income went up?

Thanks! Just curious

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
7/25/09 -- EQ 651 ; TU 634 ; EX: ??

2/22/10 -- EQ 652; TU 657; Ex: ??
Shootin' for 700!!!
Senior Contributor
creditwherecreditisdue

Re: Income to Credit Ratio

ArchEagleJ wrote:

Is there a certain ratio that once your available credit reaches in regards to your income that creditors will then stop extending credit?

Like say you have 25,000 annual income, is there a certain amount of credit limit that you can get and then after that point you would not be able to get anymore unless your income went up?

Thanks! Just curious

Many issuers have DTI and available credit to income limits. There just isn't anyway of knowing what the are unless you are denied credit for "sufficient credit for income" reasons. Even that is a slippery slope. The first time I asked BofA for a CLI I was denied for such a reason. The second time (with exactly the same income stated) I was granted a $4K CLI.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: Income to Credit Ratio

I have $131K in total credit limits. My highest CL card has a $27K limit, and it could be higher, except that I wanted to have $10K on a different card from the same bank.

My personal income is around $65-70K; HHI is around $145K.

No one has ever denied me credit for having too much available credit or for insufficient income.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}