Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Income verification

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Income verification

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if there was some sort of cutoff point when it came to reporting income on a CC APP.  At what point will the CC want some sort of hard proof?

$50k/yr? $75k/yr?

Do they ever call employers for verification?

I've seen a post or two regarding the submission of a tax release form.

Also, is there a way for a CC to know what income amounts you've proclaimed on previous applications?

Technically, I'm self-employed, but I "work" for a local company that 1099's me.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Income verification

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey everyone,

I was wondering if there was some sort of cutoff point when it came to reporting income on a CC APP.  At what point will the CC want some sort of hard proof?

$50k/yr? $75k/yr?

Do they ever call employers for verification?

I've seen a post or two regarding the submission of a tax release form.

Also, is there a way for a CC to know what income amounts you've proclaimed on previous applications?

Technically, I'm self-employed, but I "work" for a local company that 1099's me.

I don't think a cut off where they want verification, but Amex FR... they want taxes but I think it's random but lets not get that thread going!

Navy Federal has always wanted income verification for me and they don't take anything but paystubs that you pay taxes on.

"Self Employed" tends to get you a lot more questions, in your case I would use your employer name. sometimes they ask position sometimes they just want income range like at Macys...

some cards will let you get to certain limit then want income verificaiton (Nordstrom $15k I think I have heard lately)

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.