Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Re: Income vs available credit

Lol@hiline... Think about this... Don't you still need an income to retire, ie...a retirement account LOL... You can retire without income haha... And a study I read said that older people typically have muuuuuch higher scores anyway, so a 750 FICO with a 30 yr + cred history would still be more prized than having too much avail cred...
Yeah, I think it becomes more of an issue of what you owe and why and if it is too much... Just because you have avail cred, doesnt mean you use it. In fact, we are all striving to use less than <10% of our avail cred... But then again, if you're posting here... You apart of much more informed credit consumer than most imo. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Can't*
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Blogger
HiLine

andre181 wrote:

My available credit is almost 500% or 5x my income, and I continue to get CLI's and new cards.

I'm a college student who makes about $12,000/year and my total revolving credit limits are currently $58,300.

I think we have a winner here :smileylol:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}