Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Income vs available credit

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Income vs available credit

Lol@hiline... Think about this... Don't you still need an income to retire, ie...a retirement account LOL... You can retire without income haha... And a study I read said that older people typically have muuuuuch higher scores anyway, so a 750 FICO with a 30 yr + cred history would still be more prized than having too much avail cred...
Yeah, I think it becomes more of an issue of what you owe and why and if it is too much... Just because you have avail cred, doesnt mean you use it. In fact, we are all striving to use less than <10% of our avail cred... But then again, if you're posting here... You apart of much more informed credit consumer than most imo. Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 31 of 33
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Can't*
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 32 of 33
HiLine
Blogger

@andre181 wrote:

My available credit is almost 500% or 5x my income, and I continue to get CLI's and new cards.

I'm a college student who makes about $12,000/year and my total revolving credit limits are currently $58,300.

I think we have a winner here Smiley LOL

Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.