Re: Incorrect Data from Walmart FICO

haha sounds like it would luck of the draw 

Message 31 of 36
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

How did you confirm it's TU08 from Walmart FICO? Also you say TU08 takes the overall UTI higher in consideration so wouldn't the Walmart FICO score be lower?

It's been confirmed by a very reliable source here at myFICO.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Off topic, MVV, I have to say your scores are AWESOME!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 32 of 36
p-
Valued Contributor

@laboi_22 wrote:

This is the 3rd straight month that I get this message:

You have multiple accounts showing missed payments or derogatory descriptions.  
Your FICO ® Score takes into account missed and late payments in a few ways. These include the number of late payments, how late they were and how recently they occurred. Your score was hurt because your credit report shows multiple accounts with missed payments or derogatory descriptions. 

Keep in mind: If the late payments on your credit report are valid, you should focus on continually paying all your bills on time. This will demonstrate a good payment history and these late payments will have less of a negative impact on your score as time passes.

What's crazy is I don't have 1 baddie no where on any of my credit reports. I have checked every month. All accounts paid as agreed and no collections, charge offs etc. Should I be concerned??

Remember, a late may no longer show up on your 24 month payment history but if it's been less than 7.5 years it will still affect your score.  If you have an old account that was late, and then charged off, or a current account that was late 6 years ago, those lates can still be haunting you.

Message 33 of 36
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@RockinRay wrote:

Thanks Ray. I have worked hard at it but I must admit dumb luck has played a part. After my BK in 1993 I continued to make credit mistakes but I did know enough to realize that I could not go back there ever again. Since then I don't recall ever having another late payment of any kind and of course that's the best thing anyone can do for their score. And eventually all my negatives simply died off my reports from old age.

But I had no idea how important utilization was(is) in the score equation. I don't think the light came on until I found this site. It was then I began to really learn the ins and outs of credit management. Education is definitely the key to success. The proper steps to take are there for everyone to learn but it just takes time and determination. If this Texan can do it anyone can.  Smiley Happy

Remember though that this is a journey and not a destination. We can never know too much about the crazy credit world.

Edited several times for dumb typos.

From a BK years ago to:

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 34 of 36
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

Thanks Ray. I have worked hard at it but I must admit dumb luck has played a part. After my BK in 1993 I continued to make credit mistakes but I did know enough to realize that I could not go back there ever again. Since then I don't recall ever having another late payment of any kind and of course that's the best thing anyone can do for their score. And eventually all my negatives simply died off my reports from old age.

But I had no idea how important utilization was(is) in the score equation. I don't think the light came on until I found this site. It was then I began to really learn the ins and outs of credit management. Education is definitely the key to success. The proper steps to take are there for everyone to learn but it just takes time and determination. If this Texan can do it anyone can.  Smiley Happy

Remember though that this is a journey and not a destination. We can never know too much about the crazy credit world.

From a BK years ago to:

Hey - we all have made mistakes in life. I know I am at the front of that line! But, we live and learn and this Texan (although living in MN) is working toward that ever elusive 800 across all three. I really hope to get there this year...

Semper Fidelis

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 35 of 36
CS800
Super Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

@MarineVietVet wrote:

@RockinRay wrote:

From a BK years ago to:

Hey - we all have made mistakes in life. I know I am at the front of that line! But, we live and learn and this Texan (although living in MN) is working toward that ever elusive 800 across all three. I really hope to get there this year...

Semper Fidelis

Almost everyone on this board has been to the dark side of bad credit dues to lack of knowledge, carelessness and sometimes lack of luck. A place we never want to go back again.

I attribute my 'crash' to a combination of the 3 reasons i listed

Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.