Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Lender Pull?

tag
jc81184
New Visitor

Incorrect Lender Pull?

Hi everyone,

I have better credit scores than I originally thought (681 Trans - pulled today, 725 Equifax - pulled 3/8/13). One of the biggest items bringing my scores down is the lack of revolving credit history. I have no credit cards, never have.

Every site I've used suggests at least having a credit card in order to improve my score/have better success acquiring a mortgage in a few years.

I applied for a Best Buy card and received a declined notice in the mail. They claim their pull on 3/10/13 resulted in a 323 score from Transunion.

Do you think they just looked up the incorrect SSN? I'm not sure what to do - I'm hesitate to apply for any additional cards if there's no chance of approval.

Both scores referenced above were pulled here, on MyFico.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joey

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: Incorrect Lender Pull?

That's not a FICO score, FICO doesn't go that low.  That's some junk internal score they use. 

Message 2 of 5
jc81184
New Visitor

Great to know! Freaked my out for a second.

Any good major CC's I can open that utilized Experian as a benchmark?

It's kind of BS that they're utilize 'internal scores. How am I supposed to keep tabs on that?

Message 3 of 5
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

BOA pulls EXP here in Tx!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 5
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

Probably some kind of credit card enhanced FICO they use internally.  Probably won't get a major with no CC history but you could look into a Cap One for Newcomers or use a local credit union.

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.