Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increased conversion for SPG points to AA miles

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Increased conversion for SPG points to AA miles

Received e-mail:

From September 1 through October 15, 2017, convert your Starpoints® to American Airlines AAdvantage® miles and earn up to 30% additional AAdvantage® miles from the conversions. Here’s how it works:

• Earn a 20% bonus with each conversion
  • Earn an additional 10,000 AAdvantage® bonus miles for every 100,000 AAdvantage® miles received from conversions

As always, for every 20,000 Starpoints® transferred within the same transaction, SPG® will automatically add another 5,000 Starpoints®.

I'm sitting on 200K SPG points and while I'd love to use those in Bora Bora or the Maldives, this is a definitely possibility of redeeming the points for me as I fly AA a lot.  Don't really need more AA miles right now (have a ton of them)  but am banking them for a return flight to Australia.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Increased conversion for SPG points to AA miles

I ❤️ SPG! I really hope this card doesn't go away, it's so valuable! 

I wasn't able to link my AA account to SPG.....it only has a select number of reward programs and AA wasn't one of them 🤷🏽‍♀️

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justagirl73 wrote:

I ❤️ SPG! I really hope this card doesn't go away, it's so valuable! 

I wasn't able to link my AA account to SPG.....it only has a select number of reward programs and AA wasn't one of them 🤷🏽‍♀️

Hmm?  That doesn't seem right as there are many partners to transfer points to.  Can you log into your SPG account right now?  I keep getting this error:

You don't have permission to access "http://www.starwoodhotels.com/preferredguest/index.html" on this server.

Reference #18.6394dc17.1504304375.71e339ed

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep.....just logged in. I'm going to check for AA. I'll come back and edit post if I see it. 

Edit* So I was able to add AA! I'm also going to add my Alaskan Mileage Plan 😀

Thanks for for pointing this out Irish! 

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Justagirl73 wrote:

Yep.....just logged in. I'm going to check for AA. I'll come back and edit post if I see it. 

I was able to get in on different browser after no success with Chrome or Safari, but there are over 30 airline programs that you can transfer to.  If you don't see AA, then there's a problem.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, thanks Irish, that it's really a great offer! Going to start work on it now. Truly, thanks!

Message 6 of 7
wasCB14
Super Contributor

What are people doing with their AA miles that makes this appealing?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.