Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing credit card limits and hard pulls

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Increasing credit card limits and hard pulls

@Anonymous wrote:

If I contact my existing credit card companies and request a credit increase with that trigger a hard pull on my credit report?

Depends on the company, some yes some no.

Barclays, Chase, yes.

Amex, Cap One, Discover, no.

Citi, depends whether the site is giving you a soft pull indication.

Synchrony Care Credit yes, other Synchrony cards no.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

BOA is definitely worth it if your scores are 700+ or have been with them for many years.  Huge increases.  Barclays can be good, if the phone in to request APR reduction method doesnt work, but they can be quirky and CLD. So its a tossup for barclays.  But worth it for BOA 1000000000%.

I concur on barclays. They were giving me a bunch of CLI via the APR call in but then when I called THEM and they did a HP, they basically wanted to see me 
put more on cards befor they increased my CL from 12k (which I should have been happy with..) Sometimes some of us don't know when to leave
well enough alooneee.

In other words.. they saw all my huge other credit lines .. 20k+ but said I wasn't using them hence they were not obliged to increase theirs...

(•_•)
<)   )>  
 /    \

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 more thing that isn't talked about too much .. if you are going to app spree or HP CLI spree ... consider spreading it accross credit agencies.

Instread of 3 pulls on EX .. try something like this for the same day.. the banks wont see each others HP's and it lessens the effects of the HP's on your score.
1 pull EX - CLI

1 pull EQ - CLI

1 pull TU-  New card

Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

1 more thing that isn't talked about too much .. if you are going to app spree or HP CLI spree ... consider spreading it accross credit agencies.

Instread of 3 pulls on EX .. try something like this for the same day.. the banks wont see each others HP's and it lessens the effects of the HP's on your score.
1 pull EX - CLI

1 pull EQ - CLI

1 pull TU-  New card

Wouldn't they still be able to SP the other bureaus though and see the HP's?

Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow if they SP 2 others the same time they HP 1 of them , that would be news to me. however with this method
you also dont pile up HP's on the same agency

Message 15 of 20
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

1 pull EX - CLI

1 pull EQ - CLI

1 pull TU-  New card

But it is also somewhat of a wash.   This potentially causes small decreases on all three agencies, vs a larger hit on (say) EX and none at all on the others.   But I sort of agree, which is why I think the "triple puill" of CapOne is a little over-hated, a small impact on all CRAs

Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you-

Capital One

Bank of America

Barclay

Are the ones I'm considering.

Cap One = SP (you can request online or through mobile app)

BofA and Barclay = HP

Definitely not always the case with Barclays.  It's well documented that if you call the number on the bak of your card and ask to talk to someone about an APR reduction that they will look at that first and then you can ask if there are any SP CLI offers and quite frequently there.  Many people have received SP CLIs on their Barclays cards using this method.  If you just call them up and ask for a CLI, it will be a HP.  Here is a very large thread on the topic and people's experience doing so. I ppersonally have received 4 CLIs on my SM and AAviator cards using this method.

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/The-BarclayCard-CLI-Soft-Pull-thread/m-p/3854097/highlight/true#M44067

Do you also receive the APR reduction aswell everytime you call for the that SP CLI ? how much do you get each time? 

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do you know which cc pulls from which agency?

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

How do you know which cc pulls from which agency?

Google "Credit pulls database".  Often times it varies by state.

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Smiley Happy
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.