Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Increasing my credit limit to increase my score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Increasing my credit limit to increase my score

ragcajun wrote:
Wow, Brammy  I never thought that Wamu was good with CLs.  I love AMEX because there no soft or hard pulls.  But you do run the risk of FR. 

I have started using my Wamu and PIF.  I will see if they increase my CL.  I have only had the card a little more than a year without much use because credit line was so small at $1K

I started with the same limit and am at 5K in one year. I did take advantage of a few of their BT offers for small balances and paid them off before they expired though
Message 21 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Increasing my credit limit to increase my score

drjenn wrote:
I have a WAMU platinum card...started with a $3500 CL had a balance of 1800, when they increased my CL to $4500 automatically without me requesting the increase.I think they review ou account history and make increases based off that..... and im most sure your salary plays a roll...

I dont think salary come into play as banks well know that here are pople who make LOTS of money but don't pay their credit card bills (my ex for one). I think most increases are based on your payment history with them and the info they get from Transunion.  

They may have given you a conservative limit at first and upped it based on that three mo payment history. I under reported my salary but my limit increases have been coming like clockwork. My limit has increased 5 fold but I know, even with the under reporting, my salry did not.

Message 22 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.