Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Indication of CLI readiness? MAYBE

tag
MMart078
Regular Contributor

Re: Indication of CLI readiness? MAYBE

I beg your pardon, but which comments have come off as arrogant? About my income, or the ability to pay the a couple of times through out the month. Both of the comments are true and necessary to properly evaluate my question. Other than that, what possible came off as arrogant?
Message 11 of 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

MMart078 wrote:

I under stand your concerns and opinion and know they are full respect. I know something about underwriting and granting credit, as my father and grand father (was) are both senior loan officers and I large, however conservative bank, BB&T. I will also inform you that one had (has) a DBA in decisioning science and the orther in an MBA in finance. I have been prived to very much of the same information that you have. Possibly,even more, So again when you are responding to my requests please, keep the attitude down and you will not get any.

Let's try this again.

MMart, I give you full points for where you've come already in your life. It's very remarkable that you've been able to leap-frog past many of the tedious requirements that our country's education system puts on young people. It's also great that you have learned from family members.

But frankly, it's your attitude that has become a PITA for many members here. We are getting complaints about it. Along with great talent comes a responsibility for a bit of humility, or at least courtesy toward others. If nothing else, you're going to find in the real world that if you really want to accomplish your goals, if someone gives you what you consider to be "attitude", the productive response is to maintain the high road, not flair up in response. Do you want to win the argument, or do you want to clinch the deal?

Just speaking for myself, I hope that you will stick around on these boards. I enjoy young people, having worked with them professionally and in a volunteer setting, plus being a mother of three young adults, and I think your energy and enthusiasm are great. But you need to go back and read the Terms of Service and User Guidelines for participation on these boards, and you also need to read some of the more civilized threads around here to get a feel for how we speak to one another, and how we treat one another.

btw, some of the more perennially annoying posters here are no longer around, and that's not by accident.

I'm sure that your daddy and granddaddy are very proud of you, and so they should be, but I'll bet that if you were ever at a business luncheon with them and their business colleagues, and you spoke to their colleagues in these terms, your folks would be upside you so fast you wouldn't hear your chair hit the ground.

Please consider this your public warning, and please believe me when i say that I hope you'll stick around, for our benefit as well as yours.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 12 of 13
amp0804
Regular Contributor

To OP

It seems that you initially took his first post in the wrong manner and hinted yourself an attitude on his part. He was just simply

answering your question in the most direct way. I don't like starting arguments but, it seems that you need to relax abit and take a step

back. Remember, you came to this forum for help so you need to respect the opinions and information others are providing. Instead of

second guessing there judgment with what your father and grandfather have lectured to you previously.

Message Edited by amp0804 on 12-09-2009 02:05 PM
Message Edited by amp0804 on 12-09-2009 02:06 PM
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.