Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Individual utilization counts a lot!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Individual utilization counts a lot!

Just some more anecdotal evidence that individual utilization is just as important as overall utilization:

Now that EX has gotten their act together and updated everyone's Amex accounts, and seeing that my Kay card also updated, I decided to pull my EX score to see the effect of the change in utilization.  Notice that my overall utilization barely changed, but I still got a nice little jump.

Previous EX Report (overall utilization 8%)

Amex $415 / $1000 = 42%
Kay $735 / $1500 = 49%

Previous EX FICO: 701

Current EX Report (overall utilization 6%)

Amex $37 / $2000 = 2%
Kay $285 / $1500 = 19%

Current EX FICO: 717

BTW, the 717 I now have on EX is the highest score I've ever had on any report. Smiley Happy

Happy camper tonight.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Individual utilization counts a lot!

Nice work-
Individual utilization is very important-
I would have expected a slightly bigger jump-

Kay low balled you- I would call them and ask for a CLI-

cheddar wrote:
Just some more anecdotal evidence that individual utilization is just as important as overall utilization:

Now that EX has gotten their act together and updated everyone's Amex accounts, and seeing that my Kay card also updated, I decided to pull my EX score to see the effect of the change in utilization.  Notice that my overall utilization barely changed, but I still got a nice little jump.

Previous EX Report (overall utilization 8%)

Amex $415 / $1000 = 42%
Kay $735 / $1500 = 49%

Previous EX FICO: 701

Current EX Report (overall utilization 6%)

Amex $37 / $2000 = 2%
Kay $285 / $1500 = 19%

Current EX FICO: 717

BTW, the 717 I now have on EX is the highest score I've ever had on any report. Smiley Happy

Happy camper tonight.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Individual utilization counts a lot!

Timothy wrote:
Nice work-
Individual utilization is very important-
I would have expected a slightly bigger jump-

Kay low balled you- I would call them and ask for a CLI-

Thanks!

Re: Kay, I have asked them for a CLI.  Did it while I was in the store with a $3300 ring in my hand, ready to buy.  No go.  They said I wouldn't be eligible until the account had been open 10 months.

I bought the ring anyway, but split it up across two cards, and only put $1000 on the Kay card so I wouldn't completely kill the util.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.