Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ineed to know what APR i should be getting

tag
yellowbug1232
New Visitor

Ineed to know what APR i should be getting

Hi i would like to get some feedback. I have a credit card i need to pay off but my interest is 24.99%. i cannot kjeep paying it at this rate, every time i make apayment it goes up or only makes like a $50 difference. 

My score is 687. can anyone tell me what APR i should be recieving at this rate?

thank you!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Re: Ineed to know what APR i should be getting

What card is this? Sounds like it might be a store card, or a penalty apr possibly. Ever miss a payment?

I Would look for a BT card of some sort, possibly a slate or some card with a 0% BT offer in order to help with this.

What does your whole profile look like. And negs (late payments, collections, charge offs)?
Message 2 of 7
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Agree with jsucool - you need to get the balance off of that card - or pay more than the minimum. You may be able to call the creditor and ask for an APR reduction, but that is a relatively rare situation. Your best bet is to find some money to pay down the balance to $0, or find a balance transfer card.

More information on your credit history will be helpful.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 3 of 7
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

No telling. Rates are all over the place depending on your entire credit history, not just a simple score. Some credit cards have higher rates than that even. It is the way people get into trouble with credit cards. A big ol honking balance with those kinds of rates will take till way past your own funeral to pay off if you can only pay minimum payments. If your credit is good enough, like others said, you could get another card with a 0% balance transfer. But, that would depend on just what you have on your credit reports.
Message 4 of 7
theeurotuner
Valued Member

I agree with everyone that has posted so far. You don't need a BT card like the slate per se. You can always get a card that's easier to obtain with your credit profile that offers 0% for 12 months and pay a 1 time 3% transfer free which you're basically paying every month in interest anyway. Why don't you look at the discover it? Gives you 14 months and with a referral a 50 dollar cash back bonus. Or even the chase freedom, with 15 months 0%. Either way you can't go wrong. 25% is huge and should be transferred / payed off ASAP!

I would like to apologize for any grammar/spelling problems as I'm typing on a phone.
Amex BCP- 1k, Amex EDP - 15k, Amex PRG, Barclays Ring - 10k, Barclays Arrival Plus World Elite - 12k, Chase Freedom - 5k, Discover it - 15k, Discover Escape: 17k, USAA World MasterCard: 10k, Walmart - 7,500, P.C. Richards - 5k, Lowes - 9k, Bank Of America 1 2 3 Cash - 15K, Amazon - 7,500K ~~~ Fico - TU-759, EQ-720, EX-751
Message 5 of 7
distantarray
Established Contributor

not enough info to help, we need to know what the credit history / score was at the time of approval, credit limits, your credit history, and many other variables. But I would think you should be within 22-25% area imo.  if your scores were consistant with the time of approval. Regardless you should pay things down asap.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 6 of 7
boomhower
Valued Contributor

There is an 18month 0% offer on the Discover IT right now.  Baring recent BK, lates, or other recent derogs it is certainly within your grasp at that score.  Chase Slate would also be attainable.  I'd do DIscover first and if the CL isn't enough to cover the balance you have on the other card do the Slate and transfer the rest.  Discover should be instant depending on overall profile.  Chase may be an initial decline but your chances of approval on recon are very good. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.