Established Contributor
Uncle_Money

Infamous Inquiries!

Hey Folks,

Has anyone had any luck with a GW letter to remove a hard pull? I have several HSBC inquiries that I want removed. I sent them a GW letter via registered mail approximately 1 month ago. Haven't heard anything yet. Basically, I have several accounts with them so I asked if they would delete them as a courtesy. I tried calling about it and got nowhere so I figured a letter is appropriate. Am I wasting my time here or is there another way? I did initiate these inquiries myself.

Thanks,

Uncle Money
Equifax Fico 785 as of 01/18/2012
Established Contributor
Bella1980

Re: Infamous Inquiries!

how many accts do u have with them?

I thought they only allowed 2?

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Established Contributor
l9ikjam

I got 4 HSBC accounts
Advice is what we ask for when we already know the answer but wish we didn't.
Established Contributor
Uncle_Money

I have 4 HSBC accounts
Established Contributor
Bella1980

really?

May I ask which cards?

I had been preapproved for a householdbank card and when I applied I got denied for having more than 2 accts with HSBC. An orchard bank and the discover direct rewards card. I was so mad!

Did you have the cards for a certain amount of time before applying for the others?

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Established Contributor
contractor

[ Edited ]

Uncle_Money wrote:
I did initiate these inquiries myself.
Thanks,
Uncle Money

I think you sorta answered your own question. I would stop stressing about a few inquiries and go on with life. Some are inevitable and some are for the better good. I just try to minimize those that were for nothing.

EDIT: Just thought I'd toss in this example. Wife decides to lease a new car. She wants me on the lease "in case something happens" I didn't want on lease (for same reason and others) but she is the love of my life and I don't argue with her. I asked the dealer who they pull, he didn't know but assured me it would be a single pull. Score watch today says, dealer pulled EQ and the leasing company also pulled EQ. So that's a combined 4 INQ for a single lease deal. Stupid. But I'll live through it. Got my baby a new ride.

Message Edited by contractor on 08-03-2008 07:32 PM
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"No good deed goes unpunished"

There is nothing more simple, nothing more complex than the relationship between Country Boy and Dog.
Established Contributor
Uncle_Money

Hey Contractor,

Thanks for the encouragment! You're right. The reason I'm stressing is because I plan on acquring one more cc to the collection and then I'm done for a long time; Amex. On their last pull, I was declined partly due to "too many recent inquiries."  At the time I applied, I had a whopping 22 inquiries. I know, way too many. Now I'm down to 16. At the end of August, 3 more will drop off. That's when I plan to apply once again...and actually get an approval this time. The other reason was high utilization. Now I'm just waiting for an update. I'll be around 20% or so utilization. Should be low enough.

Wow 4 inquiries? That's crazy. Congrats on the new ride, though. I'm sure the wife is happy!
Established Contributor
contractor

and a happy wife makes a happy contractor.....Good luck with Darth Amex, I don't think I will ever have the patience to deal with them but they have their advantages.
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

"No good deed goes unpunished"

There is nothing more simple, nothing more complex than the relationship between Country Boy and Dog.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+