Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info on USAA CLI requests?

tag
Cdnewmanpac
Established Contributor

Info on USAA CLI requests?

When I obtained a personal loan from USAA in July, I asked if the hard pull could be used for a CLI and was told I wasn't eligible until I'd had the card 6 months. He also said I'd have a "very good" chance of getting a CLI if I asked after my score was >700. It is currently 715. I will be asking Amex for a CLI on 9/29 (they soft my TU every month on the 28th) and then calling USAA to ask for a CLI. Does anyone have any experience with this? Do I ask for an amount or just an increase? If I ask for too much, do they counter or just reject? Do they ask reasons? Anyone asked for an interest rate reduction?

Sorry for all the questions, but I don't see much posted about them. Thanks.

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: Info on USAA CLI requests?

I asked for a CLI (from $4000 to $12000) and it was a HP and they countered with $10K on the AMEX CashRewards.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.