Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info on chase amazon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Info on chase amazon

@Anonymous wrote:

Agreed with everyone else. The Sallie Mae card pretty much renders the Chase Amazon card useless unless you go above the caps. Not to mention the other categories you get 5% back from (groceries and gas). Seeing you have a CSP, I'm pretty sure you don't need the dining from the Chase Amazon anyway.

^This.  I have the Chase Amazon and Chase CSP.  I sat down yesterday to really do the math and realized the Salliemae was much better than the Chase Amazon hence I apped.  Although it is capped at $750 a month, the other categories are also very good.

So for me...

Amex BCP for groceries at 6%

SallieMae for Amazon at 5%

CSP for Dinining.... Rotating the cards after hitting the caps will work well.

Message 11 of 33
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I have a Sallie that I use on Amazon, but I still like the Amazon Visa as a no AF dining (and drugstores) card. I work in a drugstore so I spend plenty there lol.

I don't spend enough to justify having a CSP as a dining card. After the AF I wouldn't be making much in rewards.

Message 12 of 33
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I have a Sallie that I use on Amazon, but I still like the Amazon Visa as a no AF dining (and drugstores) card. I work in a drugstore so I spend plenty there lol.

I don't spend enough to justify having a CSP as a dining card. After the AF I wouldn't be making much in rewards.

RIght, but 2% categories are sort of subsumed by the 2% everywhere cards such as double cash.  So I don't count 2% categories as a feature for any card.

Message 13 of 33
kdm31091
Super Contributor

I agree that w/ Double Cash it wouldn't make sense. I think since Double Cash is kind of the first 2% card on the market (other than Fidelity Amex, which requires a Fidelity acct), other issuers may have to step up their games eventually. If Double Cash becomes a popular card, people aren't going to want just 2% some places anymore. The category spend %'s will have to go up to 3% or something.

Message 14 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

I agree that w/ Double Cash it wouldn't make sense. I think since Double Cash is kind of the first 2% card on the market (other than Fidelity Amex, which requires a Fidelity acct), other issuers may have to step up their games eventually. If Double Cash becomes a popular card, people aren't going to want just 2% some places anymore. The category spend %'s will have to go up to 3% or something.

I'd like to see CapOne come out with a 2% card, Even if it was a "Premium" product only available with VS or WMC

Message 15 of 33
kdm31091
Super Contributor

You'd think they would, but I guess over time many issuers are going to want to if they want to compete with Double Cash. Really, Chase has no general spending card, neither does Barclay, or BOA, that I can think of. They all have "x% on x and 1% elsewhere" but no flat rewards cards.

Message 16 of 33
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Agreed with everyone else. The Sallie Mae card pretty much renders the Chase Amazon card useless unless you go above the caps. Not to mention the other categories you get 5% back from (groceries and gas). Seeing you have a CSP, I'm pretty sure you don't need the dining from the Chase Amazon anyway.

It's not useles so don't call it that . It also gives out 2% for drug stores and food which the salliemae card doesn't. He has the csp so food isn't big but if he spends s lot in say cvs then it could be better for him

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 17 of 33
wacdenney
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

I'd like to see CapOne come out with a 2% card, Even if it was a "Premium" product only available with VS or WMC

There is no percentage that would make up for having to deal with CapOne!

ok fine yeah there is a percentage, but it aint 2%!!

Message 18 of 33
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

RIght, but 2% categories are sort of subsumed by the 2% everywhere cards such as double cash.  So I don't count 2% categories as a feature for any card.

Yeah but citi hates me and refuses to give me one lol

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 19 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@wacdenney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:

There is no percentage that would make up for having to deal with CapOne!

ok fine yeah there is a percentage, but it aint 2%!!

That's why it's a "Premium" product, Only available to excellent credit.

Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.