Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Info on requesting a Chase CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Info on requesting a Chase CLI

Can someone shed some light on requesting a credit increase on a chase card? First, I know it's always a HP, but say you get approved for it. How soon after are you allowed to ask for another? 6 months? 12 months? Any time? Does chase also counter offer? Is it best to shoot for the stars or play it safe and ask for a reasonable amount not to raise any flags? Lastly, has anyone taken a HP and got approved for a CLI and then wasn't able to get an auto CLI soon after? I'm trying to see if it's something where getting an auto or requested CLI prevents u to get one until a certain time ( 6-12 months etc). Any info would be appreciated thank you!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Info on requesting a Chase CLI

Anyone? Thanks
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Amazon card w/ Chase, and I waited 6mo for my first CLI, and went from a SL of $500, to $5,500 after a 2 minute phone call. 

Chase is very rewarding if there card is in your rotation. All my scores are around 660 or so, and just today I apped for a Slate for my girlfiend, and she got $6,200. Her credit portfolio is thin too. 

I say just go for it, and call for recon if you don't like what you receive.. And you can hit the LUV button whenever you'd like, because im sure its just a HP... everytime..

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the Amazon card w/ Chase, and I waited 6mo for my first CLI, and went from a SL of $500, to $5,500 after a 2 minute phone call. 

Chase is very rewarding if there card is in your rotation. All my scores are around 660 or so, and just today I apped for a Slate for my girlfiend, and she got $6,200. Her credit portfolio is thin too. 

I say just go for it, and call for recon if you don't like what you receive.. And you can hit the LUV button whenever you'd like, because im sure its just a HP... everytime..

There's a LUV button? I have never been able to find it. It would be awesome to have that option.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think there is with Chase
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is no luv button with Chase. You have to call.

I have the Chase Amazon card and have only gotten one auto cli. The card isn't worth taking a hard pull for. So I've never gone about asking for one.
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Can someone shed some light on requesting a credit increase on a chase card? First, I know it's always a HP, but say you get approved for it. How soon after are you allowed to ask for another? 6 months? 12 months? Any time? Does chase also counter offer? Is it best to shoot for the stars or play it safe and ask for a reasonable amount not to raise any flags? Lastly, has anyone taken a HP and got approved for a CLI and then wasn't able to get an auto CLI soon after? I'm trying to see if it's something where getting an auto or requested CLI prevents u to get one until a certain time ( 6-12 months etc). Any info would be appreciated thank you!

I would wait 6 months between CLI request. Auto CLIs from Chase are not guaranteed so it may be better to take a HP and ask for the credit limit you want/need. I'm sure Chase will counter if you are not eligible for the requested amount. Reasonable is a subjective term so it means different things to different people. Look at your credit profile and use it to determine what's reasonable for you. Good luck on your CLI!

Message 7 of 11
Creditplz
Valued Contributor

I asked chase for a CLI right when I got my Hyatt and they moved it from 5k to 15k, I just applied over the phone with a rep and then called UW, I was told you can get one anytime your profile and income/debt warrants that you are a good fit for an increase. (They shut my cards all off about 2-4 weeks after that convo)
Message 8 of 11
iced
Valued Contributor

I have done 3 CLI with Chase, about one per year. I usually aimed for the stars (at least I thought I was) and got instant approved each time, so was never given a counter. Wish I had something more definite to offer but at least I can say every 12 is definitely safe for interval.
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditplz wrote:
I asked chase for a CLI right when I got my Hyatt and they moved it from 5k to 15k, I just applied over the phone with a rep and then called UW, I was told you can get one anytime your profile and income/debt warrants that you are a good fit for an increase. (They shut my cards all off about 2-4 weeks after that convo)

Really? Wow.....

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.