Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Information on how to get a Cap One CLI

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Information on how to get a Cap One CLI

@HoldingOntoHope wrote:

You need to pray to the CAP 1 God until they reveal to you in a dream the sacrifice they want made. You then need to hunt the appropriate animal (buying it will not work) in a loincloth and capture it between the hours of 1:30:00 a.m.. and 3:00 a.m. in the local time zone. After following all the rules revealed in the dream for the sacrificial ritual you then need to wait 60-90 days and your CLI will appear.Smiley Wink

If you do not get your CLI then you misinterpreted the dream and must start all over. I've had a CAp 1 since 2000. Got it in a rebuilding phase for $700 with a $39 AF. It has never budged and I don't expect it ever will. I gave up asking a few years ago.

Smiley Very Happy

Pretty true, alas. Smiley Tongue

Many Cap One cards have CL's that are capped, har har har. They will never, ever go above that figure. This is especially true of building and rebuilding cards.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 12
dharalex
Established Contributor

Re: Information on how to get a Cap One CLI

I've had a cap 1 card since 2003 or 4 as a credit builder. initial CL was $1600. in June, it was $1600...never requested an increase. I was never late, but i didn't use it that much. Within the last year, I have 1 recurrent bill that I pay off completely every month. In July, they gave me an unsolicited CLI of $1000! That's great and all, but, I've outgrown that low  CL. I cant get rid of it though because it's my oldest card! It is what it is, maybe they will do this every 6 mos!?

Starting Score: TU:676;EQ:648 8/2011
Current Score: TU:738; EQ: 739 ;EX: 729 6/2012
Goal Score: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Current Score: 800
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.