Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Informing the bank of future payments

tag
score_building
Senior Contributor

Re: Informing the bank of future payments

cap1 couldn't care less when anyone *says* they will pay, plans change, things happen.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 21 of 30
DI
Super Contributor

Just for the record, I paid  the full amount on 2/24.  So now, I don't have to worry about putting any more charges on the account for another 3 months to keep the card active.  Go figure!
Message 22 of 30
jausanka
Frequent Contributor

@DI wrote:
Just for the record, I paid  the full amount on 2/24.  So now, I don't have to worry about putting any more charges on the account for another 3 months to keep the card active.  Go figure!

Uh oh.. maybe they will notate your account now that you took the time to email them a lie about the date you were going to pay. 
 It's kinda ironic to me that in multiple posts you make negative comments to people when they say they avoid contacting their bank because they don't want to poke a sleeping lion... You say you have no fear of banks taking AA on you, yet you seem to live in fear enough that you will actually take the time to contact a bank to tell them ahead of time that you will be making a small payment on your account by the due date.. just to let them know.  Interesting dichotomy.  To each his own, I guess.
Congrats. 

Message 23 of 30
DI
Super Contributor

@jausanka wrote:

@DI wrote:

Uh oh.. maybe they will notate your account now that you took the time to email them a lie about the date you were going to pay. 
 It's kinda ironic to me that in multiple posts you make negative comments to people when they say they avoid contacting their bank because they don't want to poke a sleeping lion... You say you have no fear of banks taking AA on you, yet you seem to live in fear enough that you will actually take the time to contact a bank to tell them ahead of time that you will be making a small payment on your account by the due date.. just to let them know.  Interesting dichotomy.  To each his own, I guess.
Congrats. 

I paid on the 24th and it posted on the 25th.    Some are making such a big deal of my emailing Capital One.  I don't get it.  

To each his own as you said.

NOT helpful (nor friendly, nor supportive, nor respectful) are:

- preaching

insulting
- condescending

- browbeating
- name-calling

- belittling

- smugness about or sneering at another’s misfortune (even if it is partly or wholly self-created)

- posting unasked-for, self-important opinions that contribute nothing productive to a thread
- prejudging (assuming that one knows all the facts of another's situation and posting judgmental comments, 

when one quite plainly doesn't know all the facts)
- TJ'ing a thread to indulge in petty wars of words

Message Edited by DI on 02-28-2010 09:59 AM
Message 24 of 30
marty56
Super Contributor

As a rule, if I am going to charge a big amount (over 10% of my CL) on a CC, I contact the CCC and let them know.  I also let them know when I intend to PIF as well.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 25 of 30
DI
Super Contributor

@jausanka wrote:

@DI wrote:

Congrats. 

The due date is March 4th. 

Message 26 of 30
DI
Super Contributor

@marty56 wrote:
As a rule, if I am going to charge a big amount (over 10% of my CL) on a CC, I contact the CCC and let them know.  I also let them know when I intend to PIF as well.

Thanks!  I don'tsee what I've done was wrong.  I just sent a simple email since I used one of the no fee  checks for the first time.  

Message 27 of 30
Jazzzy
Valued Contributor

@DI wrote:
Does anyone else contact banks to inform them of a payment you'll make?  I charged $650 to my Capital One card on Feb. 16th.  I sent Cap One an email informing them, I will make a payment of $650 on Feb. 25th.  They replied and said they notated my account.  Is it necessary to contact banks to inform them about making a future payment?  I think it builds a good relationship with the banks.   

Hi DI...you did nothing wrong.

In your original post, you asked the questions. Most folks seem to think it's unnecessary and does nothing for the banking relationship. That's the answer.

It's OK to disagree. No one has to win this discussion, IMO.

Message 28 of 30
jausanka
Frequent Contributor

@LynetteM wrote:

@DI wrote:
Does anyone else contact banks to inform them of a payment you'll make?  I charged $650 to my Capital One card on Feb. 16th.  I sent Cap One an email informing them, I will make a payment of $650 on Feb. 25th.  They replied and said they notated my account.  Is it necessary to contact banks to inform them about making a future payment?  I think it builds a good relationship with the banks.   

Hi DI...you did nothing wrong.

In your original post, you asked the questions. Most folks seem to think it's unnecessary and does nothing for the banking relationship. That's the answer.

It's OK to disagree. No one has to win this discussion, IMO.

+1.  If someone feels a question is important enough to post and ask for replies, it seems okay for other people to reply.  IMHO. 

Message 29 of 30
laz98
Senior Contributor

jausanka wrote: 
+1.  If someone feels a question is important enough to post and ask for replies, it seems okay for other people to reply.  IMHO.

to reply, yes.  but to make snide remarks or insult someone's judgment or decisions, i would have to say no.

Message 30 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.