Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Input on Amex BCE and BCP

tag
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

Input on Amex BCE and BCP

I am planning to app for BCE or BCP. However, I cannot decide which one would be easier to get.

I have asked on other thread and some said that the underwriting are the same or almost the same.

This bring to the conclusion that the BCP would be easier to get since Amex gets AF or is it BCE will be easier since it has less reward? lol

I will be using the card for all my grocery, gas, and everything else so if I do get BCP, the AF will be covered.

I currently have Amex Green (10/12). Planning to app in early/mid 2013

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

Re: Input on Amex BCE and BCP

This info is from Finance Globe  ........

BCE  ...

Credit Record Needed:
Based on the FICO score recommendation, applicants should have a great credit record. A FICO credit score of 725 is recommended for a higher chance of approval, but this is not required. There are a number of other factors that this issuer may also consider when making decisions for approval.

BCP......

Credit Record Needed:
Based on the FICO score recommendation, applicants should have a great credit record. A FICO credit score of 735 is recommended for a higher chance of approval, but this is not required. There are a number of other factors that this issuer may also consider when making decisions for approval.

I  got the BCP last month...

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Message 2 of 6
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@newportguy wrote:

This info is from Finance Globe................. BCE  ...

Credit Record Needed:
Based on the FICO score recommendation, applicants should have a great credit record. A FICO credit score of 725 is recommended for a higher chance of approval, but this is not required. There are a number of other factors that this issuer may also consider when making decisions for approval.

BCP......

Credit Record Needed:
Based on the FICO score recommendation, applicants should have a great credit record. A FICO credit score of 735 is recommended for a higher chance of approval, but this is not required. There are a number of other factors that this issuer may also consider when making decisions for approval.

Seems like BCE then... only time will tell Smiley Surprised

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

Message 3 of 6
newportguy
Frequent Contributor

@armbenderc wrote:

@newportguy wrote:

This info is from Finance Globe................. BCE  ...

Credit Record Needed:

BCP......

Credit Record Needed:

Seems like BCE then... only time will tell Smiley Surprised

BCE a lil easiler , But the BCP has better cash rewards

Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Message 4 of 6
flowfaster
Established Contributor

I always thought they were the same.  I would just app for the card you want. Because of the card act, If you get the BCE you have to wait 1 year to PC to the BCP.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Message 5 of 6
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@flowfaster wrote:

I always thought they were the same.  I would just app for the card you want. Because of the card act, If you get the BCE you have to wait 1 year to PC to the BCP.

I would like the BCP, but at the same time I want to get approved. I'll probably go for BCP... it depends what my score will look like next year.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.