Reply
Valued Contributor
armbenderc
Posts: 1,339
Registered: ‎09-11-2012
0

Input on Amex BCE and BCP

I am planning to app for BCE or BCP. However, I cannot decide which one would be easier to get.

 

I have asked on other thread and some said that the underwriting are the same or almost the same.

 

This bring to the conclusion that the BCP would be easier to get since Amex gets AF or is it BCE will be easier since it has less reward? lol

 

I will be using the card for all my grocery, gas, and everything else so if I do get BCP, the AF will be covered.

 

I currently have Amex Green (10/12). Planning to app in early/mid 2013

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Frequent Contributor
newportguy
Posts: 351
Registered: ‎11-11-2012
0

Re: Input on Amex BCE and BCP

[ Edited ]

This info is from Finance Globe  ........

 

BCE  ...

 

Credit Record Needed:
Based on the FICO score recommendation, applicants should have a great credit record. A FICO credit score of 725 is recommended for a higher chance of approval, but this is not required. There are a number of other factors that this issuer may also consider when making decisions for approval.

 

BCP......

Credit Record Needed:
Based on the FICO score recommendation, applicants should have a great credit record. A FICO credit score of 735 is recommended for a higher chance of approval, but this is not required. There are a number of other factors that this issuer may also consider when making decisions for approval.

 

 

I  got the BCP last month...


Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Valued Contributor
armbenderc
Posts: 1,339
Registered: ‎09-11-2012
0

Re: Input on Amex BCE and BCP


newportguy wrote:

This info is from Finance Globe................. BCE  ...

Credit Record Needed:
Based on the FICO score recommendation, applicants should have a great credit record. A FICO credit score of 725 is recommended for a higher chance of approval, but this is not required. There are a number of other factors that this issuer may also consider when making decisions for approval.

 

BCP......

Credit Record Needed:
Based on the FICO score recommendation, applicants should have a great credit record. A FICO credit score of 735 is recommended for a higher chance of approval, but this is not required. There are a number of other factors that this issuer may also consider when making decisions for approval.

 

 

I  got the BCP last month...


Seems like BCE then... only time will tell :smileysurprised:

 

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Frequent Contributor
newportguy
Posts: 351
Registered: ‎11-11-2012
0

Re: Input on Amex BCE and BCP


armbenderc wrote:

newportguy wrote:

This info is from Finance Globe................. BCE  ...

Credit Record Needed:
Based on the FICO score recommendation, applicants should have a great credit record. A FICO credit score of 725 is recommended for a higher chance of approval, but this is not required. There are a number of other factors that this issuer may also consider when making decisions for approval.

 

BCP......

Credit Record Needed:
Based on the FICO score recommendation, applicants should have a great credit record. A FICO credit score of 735 is recommended for a higher chance of approval, but this is not required. There are a number of other factors that this issuer may also consider when making decisions for approval.

 

 

I  got the BCP last month...


Seems like BCE then... only time will tell :smileysurprised:

 


BCE a lil easiler , But the BCP has better cash rewards


Current Score: myFico EQ - 794 ( 11/ 29/2012 ) amexFico EX - 787 (10/15/2012) myFico TU - 780 (11/29/2012) Credit Sesame - 809 (02/04/2013) Goal Score * 800 Club *
****** Garden Club Member -- Last HP Jan 3rd 2013 *******
*** Amex - BCP 10 K * PenFed - CR 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K *
Discover - IT 5 K ***** NO MORE APPS FOR ME IN 2013 *****
Established Contributor
flowfaster
Posts: 787
Registered: ‎08-30-2011
0

Re: Input on Amex BCE and BCP

I always thought they were the same.  I would just app for the card you want. Because of the card act, If you get the BCE you have to wait 1 year to PC to the BCP.

Amex BCP/BC/Zync - Amex Business GR - Barclays NFL Visa Sig 49ers/Arrival - BoA BBR - Cap 1 Quicksilver - Citi Forward/Preferred - Chase Amazon/Freedom/Ink Plus - Discover IT - Fidelity Amex - GECRB Amazon/Walmart - PenFed PRV - Target - USAA Amex - US Bank CASH+/Club Carlson
Valued Contributor
armbenderc
Posts: 1,339
Registered: ‎09-11-2012
0

Re: Input on Amex BCE and BCP


flowfaster wrote:

I always thought they were the same.  I would just app for the card you want. Because of the card act, If you get the BCE you have to wait 1 year to PC to the BCP.


I would like the BCP, but at the same time I want to get approved. I'll probably go for BCP... it depends what my score will look like next year.

 

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+