Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inq

tag
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

Inq

Hi everybody. I'm wondering how many inq's is to many? It looks like some people app every six months. Wouldn't those really add up?

SIlver:

Message 1 of 30
29 REPLIES 29
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Inq

@Stonemanmv wrote:
Hi everybody. I'm wondering how many inq's is to many? It looks like some people app every six months. Wouldn't those really add up?

IMO I would say more than 3-4 on each report in a year span, 1-2 in 6 month span.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Too many depends on the individuals cr. thick files can usually handle more inq's than thin files. Keep in mind inq's stop counting against your FICO after 1yr.
Message 3 of 30
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

Looks like some garden time for me then. I have 8 on Ex, 3 Eq, 3 Tu

SIlver:

Message 4 of 30
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Too many depends on the individuals cr. thick files can usually handle more inq's than thin files. Keep in mind inq's stop counting against your FICO after 1yr.

This is true as well. The main goal to go by is only apply for credit when you absolutely need it.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 5 of 30
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

I only have one good cl discover it 6000 cl. Cap 1 750. Us bank 500 cl. I hope I can grow the us bank cl but the cap 1 is disappointing.

SIlver:

Message 6 of 30
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

My goal is to have 4 cards. Discover Amex visa master card all with high limits

SIlver:

Message 7 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You could always try emailing the EO of Cap1 for a CLI.
Message 8 of 30
Stonemanmv
Valued Contributor

Could you send that to me. Also would that be a Hp or a Sp Thanks

SIlver:

Message 9 of 30
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.