Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries 1 or 2 years

tag
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Inquiries 1 or 2 years

I know for scoring purposes only the last year matters but do lenders still look at and care about INQ that are over a year old?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
iCoop
Regular Contributor

Re: Inquiries 1 or 2 years

I would like to know this as well. I have quite a few inquires from last year as I bought a home and a car so I'm wondering if they will really count after this year.

Starting Score: EQ 675 | TU 688 | EX 702
Current Score: EQ 795 | TU 788 | EX 770
Goal Score: 750 (Across All 3)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
android01
Valued Contributor

Inquiries remain on your report for two years.  They only count for FICO scoring purposes for one year.  

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 3 of 9
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I think it depends on the lender/bank and the rest of your credit profile. In general, they're mostly concerned with the most recent inq and if they're for a car or house, you can always explain on recon. I apped for Amex with around 6 or 7 inq from last year and none this year, and they approved me - and are inq sensitive. usually, it's not just inq. It's a combination of inq and other factors, and they list inq as one of the reasons for denial.
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 4 of 9
android01
Valued Contributor

I think it really depends on whether an application is a manual review or a computer generated approval/denial. 

EQ Fico 8 - 850
TU Fico 8 - 850
EX Fico 8 - 850
Message 5 of 9
Brusilov
Established Contributor

Thanks, trying to clean things up as much as possible before an app next year.  I figured out that I will have 0 INQ for the past 12 mo and 5 from the previous year at time of apping which doesn't seem very excessive.

Message 6 of 9
namvet
Established Contributor

Recent inquiries (6 months or less) cause the most damage.  Minor damage 1st year and no damage over 1 year.

Message 7 of 9
logan_720
Established Contributor

They might not cause any damage per se. But they are still there and can cause a denial from a lender, such as in my case where I was denied for simply having "too many inquiries within the past 24 months."

Message 8 of 9
namvet
Established Contributor

@logan_720 wrote:

They might not cause any damage per se. But they are still there and can cause a denial from a lender, such as in my case where I was denied for simply having "too many inquiries within the past 24 months."

+1

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.