Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries Anonymous

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquiries Anonymous

Hello, my name is Matt, and I'm addicted to applying.

I was tempted to do it today for a Chase card but I resisted, one day down! Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
andre181
Established Contributor

Re: Inquiries Anonymous

Lol.

My name is Andre, and I too am an app-aholic.

I'm currently 1 month sober.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 2 of 18
CCOCD
Valued Member

OMG I thought I was the only one with the addiction.Its not so I can go out and charge I just like collecting the cards.They are so PRETTY.What's scary is I have 3 CO's dropping off this year that is gonna jump my score.

Lord give me strength!

Starting Score: 672
Current Score: EQ ? TU 698
Goal Score: 725

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 3 of 18
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I too admit I have an 'issue'...

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi. I have been kona since I got my Zync card about 5 months ago. When I get some points back at 6 months it might be really hard not to apply for PSECU. Man

Message 5 of 18
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

Hello, all!

I'm in the process of rebuilding my credit. Since last August, I have applied for and received four new cards. I need to let these age a while, but it's so tempting to want to push the button to try for another one -- especially since I've been watching my scores climb. I keep wondering, "Have I reached the point where I can get something better?" And I keep telling myself, "No, not yet. Wait for inquiries and a CA to fall off, old debt to be paid off, and let my new accounts age."

So, I'm starting a "Garden Club" on this board. On the first of every month, I'm going to pull my new score reports and share with everyone where I'm at. This will give me a psychological reward by way of announcing my new -- hopefully higher! -- scores, and give me incentive to stick to my current credit plan of not apping again until at least the beginning of fall. At that point, I come up for an annual renewal for one of my FP cards; I hope to be able to dump that card and replace it with something better.

Anyway... I would encourage anyone addicted to apping to join me as Garden Club members. We can work together to keep each other on the path to acheiving our credit goals. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

My name is Julia and I recently became an addict.  I'm going to get fired if I don't stop browsing this forum all day!  Smiley Surprised

Message 7 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

My name is Julia and I recently became an addict.  I'm going to get fired if I don't stop browsing this forum all day!  Smiley Surprised

Haha!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 18
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Secret smartphone FTW!

Message 9 of 18
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I think that we need to start a different support group for that one, but it would be problematic. I mean, if anyone logged in to participate in the support group, wouldn't that be defeating the goal of the group? Smiley Wink

LOL!!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.