Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiries?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquiries?

Do they last 12 months or 24 months on youre credit report HARD POOLS? If they do not refelct on you're credit report can they still affect Fico score?
Message 1 of 35
34 REPLIES 34
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Re: Inquiries?

They stay on the report for 2 years but lose negative effects after 1 year.
Here we go again...
Message 2 of 35
Scamp
Valued Contributor

FretlessMayhem wrote:

For what it's worth, I had 2 hard inqs from 03/07 disappear from my EX this month (03/08) - just pulled all 3 reports, noticed those were gone.  Had a 15-point increase in score on EX as well, between Feb and March - figured it was partly those inq's falling off, maybe partly due to the 2 cards I got from those inqs hitting one-year anny and oldest card hitting 2-year.

And for some reason, ALL my inqs are on EX - no idea why, but partly because of that, EX is my lowest score.  Others are about 15 points higher.

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 3 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scamp wrote:

FretlessMayhem wrote:

For what it's worth, I had 2 hard inqs from 03/07 disappear from my EX this month (03/08) - just pulled all 3 reports, noticed those were gone.  Had a 15-point increase in score on EX as well, between Feb and March - figured it was partly those inq's falling off, maybe partly due to the 2 cards I got from those inqs hitting one-year anny and oldest card hitting 2-year.
And for some reason, ALL my inqs are on EX - no idea why, but partly because of that, EX is my lowest score.  Others are about 15 points higher.

If you are seeing this on a report from MyFICO, it doesn't mean those INQs are actually gone.  MyFICO reports only show you INQs from the last year, because those reports only tend to show you items that directly affect your FICO score, which INQs stop doing after only one year.
If you pull a report from credit monitoring service or directly from the CRA, you will probably see that the INQs in question are still there, and will be for another year.  They're just not hurting your score any longer.
Message Edited by Scamp on 12-13-2008 09:55 AM
Message 4 of 35
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I have 46 hard inq's on my EX and I stopped counting after they crossed number 22.
Message 5 of 35
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

DEFIANTLY Smiley Happy
i wish if know that kind of info long time ago . i will be in a better position by now .
WISH ME LUCK .

FICO SCORE AS  03-15-08  EQ 620,EX 684,and TU ???
Message 6 of 35
creditdream
Frequent Contributor

Well let me share my inq the ones does affect my fico score until next Oct-26-2008 : EXP 3,EQ 6,and TU 2 .

FICO SCORE AS 03-15-08  EQ 620,EX684,and TU ???

Message Edited by creditdream on 03-26-2008 01:12 PM
Message 7 of 35
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

@Red1Blue wrote:
I have 46 hard inq's on my EX and I stopped counting after they crossed number 22.

I have about 38 inqs on EX myself. I'm telling you, with EX they should only count for half a normal inq from the other two CRAs!
Here we go again...
Message 8 of 35
happy0510
Established Contributor

Good to know...I have 4 hards....I want to accept one of my preapproved letter offers but i dont want anymore!!

Starting Score: 615
Current Score: 709
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

sorry to be off topic, but I can't remember, do renting or work security/background clearance checks hurt your FICO score?
Message 10 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.