Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry Removed?

tag
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

Inquiry Removed?

As I have stated i app'd and was approved for my apple barclay card yesterday. The inquiry was recorded on my TU credit report last night when i updated it via TC. Today when I updated again the inquiry had been removed. Any idea why this would have happened?

Starting Score: 617 EQ 10-17-11
Current Score: EQ 767 TU 769 EX 749 (all FICO but who really knows?)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
john398
Senior Contributor

Re: Inquiry Removed?

its possible its an updating glitch and will reappear next couple days

Message 2 of 8
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

or maybe i got a freebie!!!

Message 3 of 8
john398
Senior Contributor

maybe, for  some reason all my equifax inq disapeared on my usaa reporting not  sure why  but not complaing

Message 4 of 8
Jake0215
Frequent Contributor

Hopefully, i was a little concerned, I app'd for an amex and a discover last night as well.... I know.... only after to read a thread about barclay being touchy about that behavior. But i logged into my account and all is well. Plus neither discover or Amex hit my TU.

Message 5 of 8
tsquad131
Frequent Contributor

you know they can soft all your reports not just TU because thats what they usually pull for new apps since they are one of your creditors now and do it at any given time without notifying you. be careful with your apps with barclays within the next 6 months

amazon
Message 6 of 8
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@Jake0215 wrote:

As I have stated i app'd and was approved for my apple barclay card yesterday. The inquiry was recorded on my TU credit report last night when i updated it via TC. Today when I updated again the inquiry had been removed. Any idea why this would have happened?

Sometimes this happens on TU because they are getting ready to report Barclay's creditor information (address, phone number, etc.) and will dump everything back into your report at once. This happened with my Barclay account...the inquiry was gone for 2 days, but came back along with the TL, creditor info AND the inquiry.

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 7 of 8
laz98
Senior Contributor

all my EQ inquiries have disappeared except for one.  i checked through truecredit & usaa, & they're just gone.  i hope they stay gone!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.