Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquiry question

I am applying for a auto loan and would like to apply for a new card but minimize the inq's. To do sos, would it depend on which company the autoloan/cc company pulls, or just apply for both the same day, week, or what?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

Re: Inquiry question

What does your scores look like to start with

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I am applying for a auto loan and would like to apply for a new card but minimize the inq's. To do sos, would it depend on which company the autoloan/cc company pulls, or just apply for both the same day, week, or what?

Thank you.

It does not work that way and hence out of luck.  But there is a likelihood they will pull seperate bureaus so you can take consolation in that.  If I were in your shoes, I'd apply for the card before the auto loan.

Message 3 of 10
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you.

It does not work that way and hence out of luck.  But there is a likelihood they will pull seperate bureaus so you can take consolation in that.  If I were in your shoes, I'd apply for the card before the auto loan.

That would depend on his scores. I would want to get the best interest rate on my auto loan before I got the CC

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@-Wade- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you.

That would depend on his scores. I would want to get the best interest rate on my auto loan before I got the CC

Yes it is dependant on OP's score... But there are several ways one can minimize inquiries when getting auto loans than a CC.  For example, one can have a check in hand before going car shopping etc..

Message 5 of 10
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you.

Yes it is dependant on OP's score... But there are several ways one can minimize inquiries when getting auto loans than a CC.  For example, one can have a check in hand before going car shopping etc..

+1 love my credit union

Message 6 of 10
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@-Wade- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thank you.

+1 love my credit union

+2 on Credit Union. If you go car shopping and let them they can add a ton of Inq's.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

My CU did a single pull for a card application and an auto loan application. 

Message 8 of 10
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My CU did a single pull for a card application and an auto loan application. 

A CU is by far the best way to go 

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Scores are roughly 700-720. I am borrowing from my local CU and have a existing CC with them with a 6000 limit. I am going to try to get them to increase it to 10,000 apart of this auto loan deal. As far as my new CC, It would be from chase. Part of me thinks if I can swing the CLI on my CU card, wait to apply for the chase card so the updated CL increases my score, or maybe that isn't the best idea. I have HP Inq's on file.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.