Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquiry question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Inquiry question

We are in the middle of obtaining financing for a vehicle, and we've had several hard pulls related to that.  I know that in a 14 day period, all of the pulls related to auto financing should count as one.  My question is, if I were to apply for a CC during this time, does the system distinguish between that kind of hard pull and the auto financing pulls?  In other words, do I have "free" hard pulls during this two week window?  Thanks!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Inquiry question

@Anonymous wrote:
We are in the middle of obtaining financing for a vehicle, and we've had several hard pulls related to that.  I know that in a 14 day period, all of the pulls related to auto financing should count as one.  My question is, if I were to apply for a CC during this time, does the system distinguish between that kind of hard pull and the auto financing pulls?  In other words, do I have "free" hard pulls during this two week window?  Thanks!

I could be wrong, but no, no free hard pulls for a credit card. I believe the fico scoring system would be able to determine the difference between the inquiries for auto financing and ones for a credit card.

Message 2 of 3
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Inquiry question

I agree....it knew the difference between a mortgage pull & a cc pull.  cc.... -15 FICO's on EQ  Smiley Sad

Message Edited by BungalowMo on 07-27-2009 05:28 PM
BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.