Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inquries

tag
tbea1004
Frequent Contributor

Inquries

How many inquiries is to many? I have 6 on Equifax, 1 Transunion and 1 Experian. When I get my credit score I hope to get the Venture card or Quick Silver or both.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Kostya1992
Established Contributor

Re: Inquries

Depends on overall profile. If you have 20+ years of solid history across many different accounts you can have 40 on each CRA and nobody will care.

TU08 FICO850
EX08 FICO850
EQ08 FICO850

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tbea1004 wrote:

How many inquiries is to many? I have 6 on Equifax, 1 Transunion and 1 Experian. When I get my credit score I hope to get the Venture card or Quick Silver or both.

That is very subjective.. Everyone's file is different.  When you say 6 on equifax, 6 in a year or the last 3 months or the last week?  

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have 11 and that's a lot for my profile. started getting denied solely due to inquiries.
Message 4 of 24
tbea1004
Frequent Contributor

6 in the last four months... Im just starting my credit history..I do not even have a credit score yet...

Message 5 of 24
kdm31091
Super Contributor

By most standards 6 in 4 months is a lot. I'd chill for 6 months before more apps. build your history. You'll have a much better chance of worthwhile approvals if you are patient.
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have about 7 on TU 6 on EX and like 3 on EQ .. 

i would consider a lot if it passes 13 on a single one! 

GL

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@tbea1004 wrote:

Lol, that's nothing if you're going for Venture and QS.

Go for both within a few minutes of each other.  Venture first, QuickSilver second.

You don't need to wait for your credit scores..you wouldn't have gotten a $400 Kohls card without some prior credit history..

Apply now.

Message 8 of 24
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Are you serious? OP has no credit score and you think they'll get a venture and quicksilver?

Sorry but IMO that's definitely not happening
Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:
Are you serious? OP has no credit score and you think they'll get a venture and quicksilver?

Sorry but IMO that's definitely not happening

The OP already has a credit score with Capital One; they just don't realize it.

Cap1 uses their own internal scoring...not FICO '08 scoring so what's the point of waiting on a score that isn't gonna be used?

My niece who only had a $500 Cap1 secured card already has a $5K Venture and $20K income with something like 4 months into their credit.  At my urging, of course Smiley Happy

Cap1 doesn't need external scoring to approve you as long as you already have a CAP1 card.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.