Re: Inquries

badum tisk... Smiley Wink
Message 11 of 24
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@kdm31091 wrote:
Are you serious? OP has no credit score and you think they'll get a venture and quicksilver?

Sorry but IMO that's definitely not happening

The OP already has a credit score with Capital One; they just don't realize it.

Cap1 uses their own internal scoring...not FICO '08 scoring so what's the point of waiting on a score that isn't gonna be used?

My niece who only had a $500 Cap1 secured card already has a $5K Venture and $20K income with something like 4 months into their credit.  At my urging, of course Smiley Happy

Cap1 doesn't need external scoring to approve you as long as you already have a CAP1 card.

No no no no.

They underwrite on a myriad of different algorithms and they absolutely check either FICO or VS for the Venture based on all of the threads in Approvals.

They might've approved your niece but there's zero guaruntee they'll evaluate the OP's file in the same manner.

        
Message 12 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

If like the others said, you have a strong file, it shouldn't matter with Cap One.  Try the pre qualify first & see what pops up.

Message 13 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i have about 7 on TU 6 on EX and like 3 on EQ .. 

i would consider a lot if it passes 13 on a single one! 

GL

I want those last 2 cards you have but I'm not budging right now.  Don't want my inq's going over 11.  Have 3 falling off shortly.  But think it's best to keep it down to 1/2.  

Message 14 of 24
elim
Senior Contributor

You are ok on INQ's. If you pre-qualify for Venture you can app for it (3 pulls for a denial would not be good).  After getting the Venture there is really no need for QS is there?  Mine sits dormant most months (i got the QS first).

Message 15 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well if you don't want to pay an AF then yes there is a need for the Quicksilver. You can also redeem for anything not just travel. Quicksilver is the better card, IMO.
Message 16 of 24
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@elim wrote:

You are ok on INQ's. If you pre-qualify for Venture you can app for it (3 pulls for a denial would not be good).  After getting the Venture there is really no need for QS is there?  Mine sits dormant most months (i got the QS first).

Actually I think the reverse. Quicksilver over Venture.

To each their own, but why anyone wants to pay an AF for the Venture is beyond me. It's a restricted 2% card with a fee. Quicksilver is a free 1.5% or really a Double Cash offers free, unrestricted 2%. I just don't understand the appeal of the Venture. There is no special benefit to it for travel. It's just marketing.

Anyway, with that in mind OP, when your history and scores support it which IMO is not yet, you should go for a Quicksilver.

Message 17 of 24
tbea1004
Frequent Contributor

What does your file need to look like to get Quick Silver or Venture card?What should your score be?

Message 18 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have had 15 inquires and short credit history and never denied. 6 just fell off and one more falls off in October Smiley Happy 

oldest line for me is 5 years and I'm about to turn 23.

so it really depends on your file. I wish I had none. Lol

Message 19 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Experian (13; 7 last month, 2 in March, 2 in 2013)

Equifax (8; 4 last month, 3 in March, 1 in 2013)

TransUnion (6; 2 last month, 1 in March, 3 in 2013)

Experian (FICO) took an initial hit of about 25-30 points solely due to pulls. However, I had (have) an extremely weak credit file with only 2 lines of credit over 2 years (PLOC - car loan and 1 credit card with Capital One). In March I added an Exxon Card, Department Store Card and Quicksilver). Last month added 8 major bank cards, 2 department store cards.

Of my last three applications (PenFed, PayPal and Bayclay) I was reconsidered and approved after justifying the high number of recent pulls with Barclays for Arrival, PayPal was an instant approval and PenFed was the meanest of the bunch using Equifax weird scoring and placing a 9 day hold on deposits.

It all depends on the bank. Just be willing to explain your pulls and make each one count. I was not willing to take "no" for an answer but in a professional way. Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.