Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insta-Approved Chase Preferred Sapphire Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Insta-Approved Chase Preferred Sapphire Card

This morning I applied for a Chase Preferred Sapphire Card and was instant approved.  I was shocked, but not necessarily surprised as I had 0 inquiries and a 730+ credit score.  Since I joined this site some years ago, I've made it a goal to get this card as it was absolutely out of reach at that time along with other high profile cards. 

I've come a long way since then.  Getting my student loan account in good standing, bringing down balances of three cards and with a tipping 650+ credit score.  Had plenty of inquiries too.  I can't wait to get this card.  I heard it doesn't feel like other cards.  I'm going to buy a new wallet as well to hold it.

I wish I had applied for this a month ago or so to pay for my car transmission that blew.  Then I would have easily spent the $3000 to get those 40k points. 

Credit Picture before approval-

EXP-  750   EQ-  747  TRANS-  745

0 Inquiries

4 Credit Cards (2 with balances)

Message 1 of 33
32 REPLIES 32
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: Insta-Approved Chase Preferred Sapphire Card

Awesome work!

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 33
pkhuu78
Contributor

that is awesome, Congrats..!! I love this card.  I just received the card on Monday.  It is beautiful and it is heavy but not that much heavier than a typical plastic card.  But I had to go thru 2 recons over the phone and another recon with a letter writen to Chase after I received the denial letter....Well worth my time and effort..

......NPSL.........14.5 K............30 K..........20 K.........10 K...............8 K.............7.5 K..........
Message 3 of 33
bribro
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Awesome progress.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 4 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's good to know, thanks for posting.

Message 5 of 33
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Someone on another forum said they are no longer issuing metal card, so let us know what you get.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 6 of 33
pkhuu78
Contributor

@Crashem wrote:
Someone on another forum said they are no longer issuing metal card, so let us know what you get.

I just got it on Monday the 14th and it is Metal.  The front of the card just has Chase Sapphire Preferred and your name and nothing else.  The back has the Visa Singature logo, account number, name and good thru date.

......NPSL.........14.5 K............30 K..........20 K.........10 K...............8 K.............7.5 K..........
Message 7 of 33
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@pkhuu78 wrote:

@Crashem wrote:

I just got it on Monday the 14th and it is Metal.  The front of the card just has Chase Sapphire Preferred and your name and nothing else.  The back has the Visa Singature logo, account number, name and good thru date.

*SHRUG*  Supposedly someone talked to Chase today and the rep said they are no longer offering metal card and that it was experiment.  Who knows.  Curious about what the OP will get since he got approved today.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 8 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone.

Once I get the card, I'll let you know my CL and the texture of it.  Quite frankly, the look of the card itself is good enough be it plastic or metal. 

I hope I get a metal one though.  How epic would it be to walk through a metal detector at an airport and get caught carrying the card? 

Message 9 of 33
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks everyone.

Once I get the card, I'll let you know my CL and the texture of it.  Quite frankly, the look of the card itself is good enough be it plastic or metal. 

I hope I get a metal one though.  How epic would it be to walk through a metal detector at an airport and get caught carrying the card? 

Careful you might cause the airport to shut down :/ I'm also curious if it's still metal. Congrats btw.

Message 10 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.