cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant Approval for Amex Green and Chase Freedom on same day!

tag
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

Instant Approval for Amex Green and Chase Freedom on same day!

Hi Everyone,

I recently joined myfico after being a member of Equifax for over a year.  After a period of financial struggles and credit problems (my husband was laid off at the end of 2008), we have been able to see our way back to financial security.  However, what I had discovered is that my credit scores would not move much because of the limited credit cards that I have...Capital One $2.5K and a credit union LOC of $2K.  I have not had a late payment on any biils in well over 2 years and no collections on my file.

Today, I pulled the trigger and applied for Chase Freedom and Amex Green.  I was intstantly approved for both!!!!  I will have to wait and see what score they pulled, but when i pulled my EQ fico on 4/4/2012 it was 666.  My chase freedom limit is $3K.

Just for reference, I've been with the same company for 12 years, own a home, and have savings/retirement accounts.  Last year, I got a big promotion which includes having an investment account.  They asked all of these questions when applying, so I believe this had a big impact on my approval.

Chase pulled EQ and Amex pulled EX.  Both inquiries are already showing up on these reports.

I just wanted to share my success story.  it's been a long road for us to pull ourselves out of our financial bind.  But we were able to do it.  And, we learned so much about financial stability and credit maintenance in the process!

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
birjest
Frequent Contributor

Re: Instant Approval for Amex Green and Chase Freedom on same day!

Not bad....not bad, I may say dear chap!!!!

5/30/15 EQ 596; TU 605; EX 580.
12/18/17 EQ 646; TU 660; EX 674.
7/30/23 EQ 708; TU 703; EX 721.
Message 2 of 8
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@frugalQ wrote:

Hi Everyone,

I recently joined myfico after being a member of Equifax for over a year.  After a period of financial struggles and credit problems (my husband was laid off at the end of 2008), we have been able to see our way back to financial security.  However, what I had discovered is that my credit scores would not move much because of the limited credit cards that I have...Capital One $2.5K and a credit union LOC of $2K.  I have not had a late payment on any biils in well over 2 years and no collections on my file.

Today, I pulled the trigger and applied for Chase Freedom and Amex Green.  I was intstantly approved for both!!!!  I will have to wait and see what score they pulled, but when i pulled my EQ fico on 4/4/2012 it was 666.  My chase freedom limit is $3K.

Just for reference, I've been with the same company for 12 years, own a home, and have savings/retirement accounts.  Last year, I got a big promotion which includes having an investment account.  They asked all of these questions when applying, so I believe this had a big impact on my approval.

Chase pulled EQ and Amex pulled EX.  Both inquiries are already showing up on these reports.

I just wanted to share my success story.  it's been a long road for us to pull ourselves out of our financial bind.  But we were able to do it.  And, we learned so much about financial stability and credit maintenance in the process!

That is awesome Smiley Happy  So glad to hear success stories....  Congrats on the new cards, welcome to the AMEX family!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 3 of 8
Guava
Established Contributor

Congrats, most auspicious, dear sir!

Starting Score (08/11/11): TU08: 643
Current Score: TU08: 741
Goal Score: Stay in the 700s; keep reports clean

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 8
frugalQ
Valued Contributor

thanks everyone. 

I was very nervous about applying.  but, i had gotten a pre-approval offer for both companies, so, i figured, why not?  this is really all that i need, anyway.  i have been using my cap one and paying off monthly, but, i have a balance on my LOC.  I plan to move my LOC balance to Chase Freedom card as it's no interest for 15 months.  I also need to spend $500 on Chase card to get the $100 bonus...so, I plan to do that imediately and then PIF.  In the meantime, I will run everything that i can through the Amex. 

As soon as I get my cards, i will cut up my cap one, but leave it open to keep a higher avaialbe balance.  It has a $19 AF, but i think it's worth it.

Once i pay off the balance transfer, I am not sure how i will use Chase.  I will get more benefit from the Amex as I have a Delta Skymiles account, and I can transfer their points for Skymiles.  Maybe, I'll use Chase exclusively at the places that give 5% cashback...i know they change every 3 months.

Oh, and because I currently have a Corp Amex card, I will be able to backdate my Green card to 2004, the year I got it....I believe this is what I'm most excited about.

In a year or so, I plan to try and upgrade to a Chase Sapphire and an Amex revolver....I'm hoping my scores will be much higher by then.

AmEx Green NPSL | Amex BCP 16K | Citi Simplicity 10k | Discover IT 9K | Chase Slate 7.5K | Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass 7K | Capital One QuickSilver 6K | Home Depot 5k | Chase Freedom 4.5K | LOC 2.5K
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals, they're a couple of nice cards.  I choose to use my Amex as my primary and use my Freedom for places that don't take Amex and for the 5% categories.

Message 6 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@frugalQ wrote:

Hi Everyone,

BIG CONGRATS!!!!

HAPPY DANCE!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 8
MsLadyRover
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your new cards and your credit success!

Starting Score: 639 (Walmart TU)
Current Score: TU 715 (Barclay) EX 685 (myFICO) EQ 697 (myFICO)
Goal Score: 700 Across the Board (Mortgage Goal Achieved 1/31/2012!)

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.