Established Contributor
Jlu

Re: Instant approval for the Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Visa

[ Edited ]

Congrats.. too bad because I will never stay at a Marriott again.. not after this happened on our last visit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ADUqc9i0jY

Thankfully I paid with the JPM Select card and they've managed to get me a 100% refund.

Wallet: JP Morgan Select Visa Signature $10k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Citi ThankYou Premier Visa Signature $5700 | AMEX Premier Rewards Gold Card | Barclaycard Visa $5k | Discover IT $10k | Chase Freedom Visa $3k | Capital One Quicksilver $3k | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa Signature $8k | Walmart Store $5k | Amazon Store $10k | Chase Total Checking |
unkn0wndj

Thanks for all the feedback, guys! I was really surprised myself, not only from the low AAoA, but also my lower limits on the other cards. I didn't figure it'd be Chase to issue my first credit account over $5,000 to qualify for the VISA Sig. I was going to wait for my 61 day Amex CLI before I applied, but I went ahead and said what the hell.

Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature @ 6.5k as of 10/8/12
Discover More @ 3.5k 10/8/12
American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles @ 2k as of 8/14/12

8/15/12 - Experian(736)
8/3/12 - Experian(682) / Equifax(716) / TransUnion(673)
Valued Contributor
Dustink

Jlu wrote:

Congrats.. too bad because I will never stay at a Marriott again.. not after this happened on our last visit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ADUqc9i0jY

Thankfully I paid with the JPM Select card and they've managed to get me a 100% refund.

:smileyhappy:

haha, sorry I know it is not funny

That must have been a unique experience to say the least.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
unkn0wndj

Jlu, a Courtyard will always offer you free breakfast. Always "recon" with a manager and get some points. Marriott has some great properties, even though you experienced a bad one.
Chase Marriott Rewards Premier Visa Signature @ 6.5k as of 10/8/12
Discover More @ 3.5k 10/8/12
American Express Gold Delta SkyMiles @ 2k as of 8/14/12

8/15/12 - Experian(736)
8/3/12 - Experian(682) / Equifax(716) / TransUnion(673)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+