Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant approval may seem petty to some but for me this is a first

tag
toytoy
Regular Contributor

Instant approval may seem petty to some but for me this is a first

It is quite funny that over the past year I have gotten $14000 cc limits and what not but to actually walk in a store and get instant approval is a milestone for me. Usually when I apply for something I get the dreaded 3-7 day notice. 99% of the time the card is approved but I have never had the satisfaction of being instantly approved. So today I went to Old Navy to do some shopping for my up coming trip to CA and the lady at the register said would you like to save 25% so I said sure why not when I usually decline. So we went through the whole app process and I am waiting to hear the ohhh we will notify you by mail but she said congrays you have been approved for the Old Navy Card. So I said ohhhh ty thinking I was just approved for the store card. I get in the car and read it and it was a limit of $1000 and it was actually for the Old Navy Visa card. Now I know this doesn't have the best APR and its only a $1000 limit but still this is a milestone in my book. 

Starting Score: EQ 603~TU 613
Current Score: EQ 763~TU 706
Goal Score: 810

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Instant approval may seem petty to some but for me this is a first

Likewise, I almost never get an instant approval on an application, except for AmEx or Barclays.

Everyone else will always reply with "further processing needed."

Congrats on your instant approval.  Must feel great!  Even to this day, I still never app in a store for the risk of an embarassing decline or the dreaded "further processing needed."

Message 2 of 17
FrugalRican
Blogger

Grats, who cares about the APR if you're not going to carry a balance. *wink wink*
BTW, from reading these forums, I see a lot of people that'd kill for an opening balance of 1000 from a store card.

So, grats!!!

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 3 of 17
toytoy
Regular Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

Likewise, I almost never get an instant approval on an application, except for AmEx or Barclays.

Everyone else will always reply with "further processing needed."

Congrats on your instant approval.  Must feel great!  Even to this day, I still never app in a store for the risk of an embarassing decline or the dreaded "further processing needed."

Lmao Open I only did it because I was the only one in the store so if I was declined no one else would hear so I completely feel your pain. It feels great!!!!

Message 4 of 17
toytoy
Regular Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

Grats, who cares about the APR if you're not going to carry a balance. *wink wink*
BTW, from reading these forums, I see a lot of people that'd kill for an opening balance of 1000 from a store card.

So, grats!!!

You are quite right. This card will be paid in full and SD.

I know I usually expect around 500 or so. So they just give you a receipt with the limit and its your temp card until yours arrives in the mail. I do believe this is my highest store card so one more thing to be happy about.

Thank u!!!!!

Message 5 of 17
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Congrats and enjoy your trip to sunny CaliSmiley Wink

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Message 6 of 17
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

I understand the feeling Smiley Happy 

Congrats on the Old Navy card, a $1000 limit for their store card is actually pretty high for them. GE is great about automatic credit limit increases, too. I really like my BR Visa (used to be a BR store card). You will get a *ton* of email and mail coupons from them. I haven't paid full price for anything at their stores (Gap, ON, etc.) since opening the card.

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 7 of 17
CreditCrusader
Valued Contributor

@JustMe77 wrote:

Congrats on the Old Navy card, a $1000 limit for their store card is actually pretty high for them. GE is great about automatic credit limit increases, too. I really like my BR Visa (used to be a BR store card). You will get a *ton* of email and mail coupons from them. I haven't paid full price for anything at their stores (Gap, ON, etc.) since opening the card.

Actually, OP was approved for ON VISA card...which is a heck of a lot better than what many of us get saddled with (ON store card...$200 limit here Smiley Mad )

In my wallet: Apple $5,000, local CU $15,000, Bread AMEX $5,000. In my sock drawer: A few other cards Smiley Happy

Current scores (EQ, EX, TU): 787, 788, 796
Message 8 of 17
toytoy
Regular Contributor

@CreditCrusader wrote:

@JustMe77 wrote:

Actually, OP was approved for ON VISA card...which is a heck of a lot better than what many of us get saddled with (ON store card...$200 limit here Smiley Mad )

You are correct creditcrusader. It is the ON VISA card and not just the regular store card. I had assumed that even if I did get approved it would be for the store card but when they gave me my temp pass it is for the VISA card. Some say the $1000 limit is just a temp thing and it may actually be higher than that. $200 what are you supposed to buy with that?

Message 9 of 17
toytoy
Regular Contributor

@JusdoNit wrote:

Congrats and enjoy your trip to sunny CaliSmiley Wink

Tyx2. I have never been and getting nervous and excited at the same time. 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.