Did you mean: 

Instant approval may seem petty to some but for me this is a first

tag
toytoy
Regular Contributor

Re: Instant approval may seem petty to some but for me this is a first

@JustMe77 wrote:

I understand the feeling Smiley Happy 

Congrats on the Old Navy card, a $1000 limit for their store card is actually pretty high for them. GE is great about automatic credit limit increases, too. I really like my BR Visa (used to be a BR store card). You will get a *ton* of email and mail coupons from them. I haven't paid full price for anything at their stores (Gap, ON, etc.) since opening the card.

Yeah I already get their coupons in my email all the time but I guess I will get that little extra for having the card and thank you. 

Starting Score: EQ 603~TU 613
Current Score: EQ 763~TU 706
Goal Score: 810

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 11 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@toytoy wrote:

It is quite funny that over the past year I have gotten $14000 cc limits and what not but to actually walk in a store and get instant approval is a milestone for me. Usually when I apply for something I get the dreaded 3-7 day notice. 99% of the time the card is approved but I have never had the satisfaction of being instantly approved. So today I went to Old Navy to do some shopping for my up coming trip to CA and the lady at the register said would you like to save 25% so I said sure why not when I usually decline. So we went through the whole app process and I am waiting to hear the ohhh we will notify you by mail but she said congrays you have been approved for the Old Navy Card. So I said ohhhh ty thinking I was just approved for the store card. I get in the car and read it and it was a limit of $1000 and it was actually for the Old Navy Visa card. Now I know this doesn't have the best APR and its only a $1000 limit but still this is a milestone in my book. 

Congrats!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@toytoy wrote:

It is quite funny that over the past year I have gotten $14000 cc limits and what not but to actually walk in a store and get instant approval is a milestone for me. Usually when I apply for something I get the dreaded 3-7 day notice. 99% of the time the card is approved but I have never had the satisfaction of being instantly approved. So today I went to Old Navy to do some shopping for my up coming trip to CA and the lady at the register said would you like to save 25% so I said sure why not when I usually decline. So we went through the whole app process and I am waiting to hear the ohhh we will notify you by mail but she said congrays you have been approved for the Old Navy Card. So I said ohhhh ty thinking I was just approved for the store card. I get in the car and read it and it was a limit of $1000 and it was actually for the Old Navy Visa card. Now I know this doesn't have the best APR and its only a $1000 limit but still this is a milestone in my book. 

I've been in your shoes and I know exactly how it feels to get an instant approval for the first time (heck every time) it was just March of 2010 my EQ FICO was 583 and I could not get approved by anyone, and when I got my first instant approval with Cap1 in June of 2010, I was so happy.

I have since closed my Cap1 account, as it has served it's purpose, but I will never forget my first instant approval.

Congratulations to you, keep doing what you're doing, and you will see alot more instant approvals in the future.

I Wish you the Best of Luck.

Message 13 of 17
drkaje
Senior Contributor

The feeling is good, but it's hard to stop applying if you've being declined many times before that.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 14 of 17
frogfan12
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval and $1K limit. And for the ON Visa too? That's pretty awesome. When I first got my card back in January, they had a promo that if you used your ON card outside of ON, then you would get a $20 reward card. Definitely take advantage of that and Stuff and Save when it comes around again. 

Starting Score: 760
Current Score: 716 Equifax 754 TU 736 Experian
Goal Score: 760
Message 15 of 17
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I remember the day(s) of instant approval.  No more though. Maybe in the future.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 16 of 17
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on your instant approval!  1k on a visa is great place to start.... I would garden that for a while!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.