Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instant card numbers, expedited shipping

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Instant card numbers, expedited shipping

So after a few months of experimentation, I thought I would list out the various card companies and what their options are for getting a card number either instantly upon approval, or how/if they will rush the card to you and the cost. All of these I did directly or with a friend directly.

Any other companies and data can be posted here.

BANK OF AMERICA

Once approved, a call to customer service asking for your account number for your records will 50-75% of the time yield your 16 digit card number and exp date. The card will work right away. Some CSRs will say it can't be done, an equal number will say it can.

BofA will also send UPS priority at request, for free.

CHASE

No card numbers online or over the phone, but going into a Branch with photo ID and requesting your 16 digit account number will yield the number. The exp date will be 3 years from the month/year of approval. The card (tested on freedom and slate) will work right away.

Chase will send UPS priority for free

AMEX

Blue Cash, Everday card and others will offer the card number instantly, with the ability to use up to 10k right away. If not offered online, there is no other way to get it.

AMEX will not send any form of rush delivery.

CITIBANK

Per reports, the AA cards will offer number instantly online. However no other CITI card will do this.

CITI will not send any form of rush delivery.

BARCLAY

No offers of instant card number online or on phone

BARCLAY will send UPS next-day for $15 fee, and if approved before 3pm EST, will arrive next day.

DISCOVER

No form of rush delivery whatsoever.

CAPITAL ONE

No form of rush delivery offered.

PENFED

About 24 hours after approval, the card number will appear online, from the main accounts screen

They will expedite the card for a fee.

WELLS FARGO

Visiting branch with Photo ID will get you the card number.

USAA

One person's card number was given instantly online, but only with the capacity to charge $1000 right away.

USAA will send FEDEX for $8 fee.

NAVY FEDERAL

No offers of instant card number online or on phone or in branch

NFCU will send FedEx for $12 fee.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
n777ua
Established Contributor

Re: Instant card numbers, expedited shipping

Amex has rushed all my new account cards free of charge.

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome info - thanks! I believe you can add Blispay to your list too. If I remember correctly they give you a virtual card immediately after approval.

Message 3 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@n777ua wrote:

+1

I believe they do it for free if you're already a member. Not sure they do it for brand new accounts - at least they didn't for my ED.

Message 4 of 24
ttleigh
Regular Contributor

After approval for my stash rewards (synchrony) called in to have it mailed to my po box (app requires residential address) they overnighted the card free of charge and without my asking.
Message 5 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

So after a few months of experimentation, I thought I would list out the various card companies and what their options are for getting a card number either instantly upon approval, or how/if they will rush the card to you and the cost. All of these I did directly or with a friend directly.

Any other companies and data can be posted here.

BANK OF AMERICA

Once approved, a call to customer service asking for your account number for your records will 50-75% of the time yield your 16 digit card number and exp date. The card will work right away. Some CSRs will say it can't be done, an equal number will say it can.

BofA will also send UPS priority at request, for free.

CHASE

No card numbers online or over the phone, but going into a Branch with photo ID and requesting your 16 digit account number will yield the number. The exp date will be 3 years from the month/year of approval. The card (tested on freedom and slate) will work right away.

Chase will send UPS priority for free

AMEX

Blue Cash, Everday card and others will offer the card number instantly, with the ability to use up to 10k right away. If not offered online, there is no other way to get it.

AMEX will not send any form of rush delivery.

CITIBANK

Per reports, the AA cards will offer number instantly online. However no other CITI card will do this.

CITI will not send any form of rush delivery.

BARCLAY

BARCLAY will send UPS next-day for $15 fee, and if approved before 3pm EST, will arrive next day.

DISCOVER

No form of rush delivery whatsoever.

CAPITAL ONE

No form of rush delivery offered.

PENFED

About 24 hours after approval, the card number will appear online, from the main accounts screen

They will expedite the card for a fee.

WELLS FARGO

Visiting branch with Photo ID will get you the card number.

USAA

One person's card number was given instantly online, but only with the capacity to charge $1000 right away.

USAA will send FEDEX for $8 fee.

NAVY FEDERAL

No offers of instant card number online or on phone or in branch

NFCU will send FedEx for $12 fee.

Bank of America will show card number the morning after, once you can view the card online. Just click on Information and Services and click "Show"

Screen Shot 2016-05-14 at 6.39.04 AM.png

Chase will show the account number once you can see the account online, send them a SM about rewards. When you go back into the sent folder, click on the message, your account number will show.

Message 6 of 24
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@n777ua wrote:

+1

I believe they do it for free if you're already a member. Not sure they do it for brand new accounts - at least they didn't for my ED.

+1

I'll also add that when I got my BCP, I was not provided the account number online; I had to wait for the physical card.  I was a new member as well.

It might be YMMV, though. 

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was a new member and AMEX rushed my SPG card.
Message 8 of 24
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Amex didn't rush my BCE or ED but did rush my HHONORS card

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was approved for the Ebates Visa last weekend. After my approval I received an account number, expiration date and temporary CVV number. They only gave me a temporary credit limit of $1k. My full CL of $5k will be available once I receive the physical card in the mail. 

This is def a GREAT post.... very useful. Thanks for sharing!!!

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.