cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instantly Approved for Apple iTunes Rewards Barclays VISA card!

tag
sleephla541
Regular Contributor

Instantly Approved for Apple iTunes Rewards Barclays VISA card!

Well, after much deliberation, I decided to take the plunge and apply for this card since I'm dying for a 27" iMac.  The online application asked me how much I wanted to purchase and I put $1500-$2000.  App came back about 45 seconds later with a $2091 (I know, weird amount) instantly.  Only problem is that it didn't give me a place to ask for a balance transfer.  I would love to transfer the current $2500 on my other two Cap 1 cards to this card.  Do you think I should call the recon number and see if they'd give me a higher limit to transfer this balance?

Thank you to everyone that has helped me out on these boards.  My score has improved drastically and it's all because of MYFICO!

TU: 752, EQ: 761, EX: 745
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
umair
New Contributor

Re: Instantly Approved for Apple iTunes Rewards Barclays VISA card!

I guess they are easy to Re-con.. Just make sure you dont have anything too messy on your CR !

Good Luck !! 

Message 2 of 8
ibmrad7
Established Contributor

Re: Instantly Approved for Apple iTunes Rewards Barclays VISA card

Call them today. I was approved for a weird amount like yours (1092 or 1192), dont exactly remember. Called them the next day, talked to a very nice lady, she asked how much of a purchase I am planning to make and few other general questions.. end of the call my Limit was 3500. They are very generous with re-con. lot of people have posted success with it. ALSO REMEMBER, THEY ARE KNOWN FOR CLOSING DOWN YOUR ACCOUNT IF YOU GO ON AN APP SPREE.

Congrats Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 8
vish1
Valued Contributor

+1

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ibmrad7 wrote:

Call them today. I was approved for a weird amount like yours (1092 or 1192), dont exactly remember. Called them the next day, talked to a very nice lady, she asked how much of a purchase I am planning to make and few other general questions.. end of the call my Limit was 3500. They are very generous with re-con. lot of people have posted success with it. ALSO REMEMBER, THEY ARE KNOWN FOR CLOSING DOWN YOUR ACCOUNT IF YOU GO ON AN APP SPREE.

Congrats Smiley Happy

Within  six or so months of opening an account with them...

Message 5 of 8
sleephla541
Regular Contributor

Just an update on this thread since I started it. I did actually call them with the number given on this website, and after a few questions, they increased my limit to 5k, my biggest limit yet! She transferred the current $2500 debt from Cap 1, but this was still a huge success. The csr that helped me was absolutely fantastic.

Just a quick FYI about this card, they did pull TU as everyone has stated... but they also pulled EQ as I just received a score watch alert about their inquiry.  I'm in OR

Message 6 of 8
umair
New Contributor

So they transfreed your cap1  amount on 0% ?? I didnt see any BT option they did increase my limit but didnt know that was an option as well...

Nice to know !!

Message 7 of 8
sleephla541
Regular Contributor

Yeah the rep confirmed that the iTunes visa would not get the 0% interest on the new Mac purchase (I'm planning on buying it at Best Buy so I can get it on my reward zone points), but I would get 0% on a balance transfer for the first six months only.  Seems like a good card, and finally no AF fee too.  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.