Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Instantly approved for the Discover More

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Instantly approved for the Discover More

Woo hoo!

So i have mentioned several times I have been getting those pre approvals in the mail almost weekly for the last few months. Plus with other people on the board today mentioning they got approved I couldnt resist and applied. I figured what is the worst that can happen? A denial and an inquiry. No big deal just try again in a few months.

Well, instant approval. I get the standard 5% on rotating categories and 0.25% everywhere else, it comes with a 0% into APR for 15 months and since I need new tires and brakes on my car in another month or two that will be nice to ease the pain of mechanic bills over several months so that is what I really like about the card right now. Already enrolled my account online and statements by email.

That was an exciting feeling watching the website tick for about a minute wondering if I would get approved or the dreaded 7-10 day message.

before this I had only 1 inq on TU, 2 on EQ, and 3 on EX. My brain is telling me now that I am batting 1 for 1 in credit apps for 2012 to just garden and no more, but my heart is telling me app spree. haha but really I better garden for another 6 months or more and maybe by that time I will be getting pre approvals for the cap 1 Venture, Chase United Explorer, or other travel cards.

Most of all I would like to thank the myFICO community here. I know I definitely wouldnt have got this card without the advice and credit tips here. Before I had always thought that it doesnt matter how much I charge as long as I pay it off, well if I followed that I would definitely had been denied as I spend about 400 out of the 500 limit on my cap 1 card a month. Instead of letting that report, I just payed the balance down and now Discover got to see a 16% util.

Thanks guys. I hope to post another success in another 6 months or so about how I got the capital one Venture or other airline card.

Smiley Happy

I just wish I knew what my credit limit is going to be. I am going to cry if it is 500 like my cap 1 card. Then my mechanic bills would have to go on the debit card. But enough about that think happy thoughts!

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

Re: Instantly approved for the Discover More

Congrats!!!!

Call them and ask! They gave me my CL

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 2 of 11
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Big Congrats Dadaluma! Smiley Happy

I told ya you probably wouldn't have much problem getting approved Smiley Wink

Crossing my fingers for you getting a good CL Smiley Happy

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! and based on your score I am pretty sure Discover will start you off with $3k-$5k but the least I would say $1k

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checked and I have a limit of 5,500 wow it sure pays to garden. Stayed true to my comittment of no apps after my cap 1 6 months ago and it sure payed off. Smiley Happy Now I figure another 6 months to a year gardening a prime card with a limit like that and even more opportunities will open up.

This is going to do wonders for my util as now I can put all my monthly expenses (except my student loans since you can't pay a loan with a credit card, and except the electric bill as there is a convienience charge) on my credit card and have a low util. I spend about a grand a month on expenses I can use a credit card for so even if I let all that report I am still sitting pretty util wise. Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
CS800
Super Contributor

Congrats !

Great CL

i'm loving the Discover More approvals.

Message 6 of 11
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just checked and I have a limit of 5,500 wow it sure pays to garden. Stayed true to my comittment of no apps after my cap 1 6 months ago and it sure payed off. Smiley Happy Now I figure another 6 months to a year gardening a prime card with a limit like that and even more opportunities will open up.

This is going to do wonders for my util as now I can put all my monthly expenses (except my student loans since you can't pay a loan with a credit card, and except the electric bill as there is a convienience charge) on my credit card and have a low util. I spend about a grand a month on expenses I can use a credit card for so even if I let all that report I am still sitting pretty util wise. Smiley Happy

Congrats!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 11
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!!!

That is a very nice starting line for Discover.

Congrats!

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 8 of 11
ccb2115
Frequent Contributor

great CL! congrats!

Scores: EX: 793 EQ: 804 TU: 801
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, that indeed is a nice CLSmiley Happy

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.